Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Heim joint bracket

Heim joint bracket

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 2168
replies 7
following 5

48rob   +1y
I need a bracket for a heim joint, roughly 1"wide.All the brackets I've seen are for heims with spacers...

I don't need spacers.Where can I buy a premade bracket to weld to flat tube?

Thanks.

Rob
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Rob,

a bit more info on your specific " bracket" you need would be helpfull. Depending on the bolt size you want to use, you could probably just use a normal link or bar end bracket, and drill it out to fit your bolt, or order a pair of custom ones with the size hole you want. There is a very wide variety of places you can buy these brackets, so im assuming thats not the problem your facing.

btw, Im not max. I wouldnt take anything i say as max approved lol

Taylor
48rob   +1y
Edited: 4/27/2012 7:26:56 AM by 48rob

Hi Taylor,

I have 3/4 x 3/4 rod ends.http://www.qscomponents.com/34mr.html

I'm looking for a bracket that they will fit in without the need to buy spacers.(And an inexpensive one, say ten bucks each or so, not $50+)Is there such a bracket, or are they all designed to use spacers?

Thanks

Rob

post photo
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
In most cases, they are intended to use reducing spacers that will take that 3/4" bolt size heim, to 9/16 bolt or 5/8 bolt, then you can use any bracket you want that anybody sells.

If you want a pair of brackets, to work with your .750 heim joints and use .750 brackets, you will more than likely have to drill out a normal 9/16 bracket.

Hope that helps.

Taylor
Master Fabber   +1y
Hey bud. Chassisengineering.com C/E 3897 3/16" tab with 3/4' hole and no notch . Hope this helps ya out. JR
48rob   +1y
Thanks to you both!

I can't find the bracket number you listed, but knowing what to call it/them is a big help.

I can enlarge the holes easily enough, it is finding a bracket roughly 1" inside width that I'm having trouble locating.

Rob
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Rob,

The brackets are seperate pieces, you can weld them to any width you want. Its not a 1 piece bracket, its a tab on each side of the heim, welded to what width you specifically need.

Taylor
48rob   +1y
Taylor,

Thanks.

That would explain why I can't find it... :)

Rob
Page 1 of 1