Page 1 of 2
Full Size Truckin General \  sqaure body suburban help

sqaure body suburban help

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 3127
replies 10
following 7

lilbuddha   +1y
i just picked up a 1985 sqaure body suburban, any help would be amazingjust wanting to get it to lay frame on stockers or my 22inch intros off my 72 blazer,will a 3 inch z on factory arms lay out? also how much will i have to cut up the trans tunnel with a zid like to do a 2 link for the simple fact that its simple and can save floor space in the back, im trying to do a simple budget but im fighting the fact of wanting a porterbuilt setup,

also with the fuel tank, have any suburban guys on here used the factory tank and just raised it?
stlowburban   +1y
It'll lay on 24's with a 3" z and factory arms. Tunnel just needs to be cut over the bell housing and tranny body. Factory tank will work fine. The big one (33 gals i think) would have to be raised but the 25 gal? won't.
lilbuddha   +1y
okay ill have to look into tank size,
thank you so much
only other question since i cant get a straight answer are truck leaf springs the same length as suburban leaf springs?
4drbdblazer   +1y
stock floor while your at it or you'll regret it. You're half way there Z'ing it.
jumbo   +1y
I kept my factory tank, just raised it. you'll have to raise the tranny tunnel anyway even if you stock floor it. I used the dropmember, so i can't help you there, but i've heard the 3" z is fine. Welcome to the wonderful world of square body subs!
lilbuddha   +1y
i might cut the bottom off the frame but thats all i dont wanna build a full frame for this, id love to do a dropmember but just to much money right now.
im researching right now how much of the floor i need to cut, then whats the best plan of attack if i should just try and drop the motor down two inches or leave it alone with the z,
im excited to have a bagged suburban though, i just totally grew out of mini's lately
FluffyFreak   +1y
laid out burbans are the shit!!! badass lookin ride plus you can still tow likea mutha if you set it up right :TUP:
lilbuddha   +1y
that was the main point, i wanna keep it simple but still tow my camaro to race events,
just trying to figure out now my best plan of attack to do the rear end
64caddy   +1y
my 92 has a 3 inch z and is stock floored had to relief cut the floor for the trans and had to build a full driveline tunnel. also 2 linked mine to save the floor and the bars come thru the floor just a little under the backseat. i know mines a newer body but hope this helps to convince u to body urs while ur at it...
post photo