Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  2000 F-150 sfbd

2000 F-150 sfbd

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 488
replies 6
following 6

ptonair01   +1y
hey guys just wondering if i have to narrow the rear end to do the sfbd. Truck info 2000 F-150 ext cab shortbed im running 22's. thank you for any inf and pics would be great of your sfbd build.
bagtodrag   +1y
Yes you will have to narrow your rear end if your doing 22s.
ptonair01   +1y
--------------------------------------------

bagtodrag said:

Yes you will have to narrow your rear end if your doing 22s.

--------------------------------------------what is the reason for it?

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
For most wheel options, you will need to narrow it. If you find a super duper high offset, you can get away with it, but you will have slight rubbing on the bed sides when layed out.

Its best to narrow the rear end, and then you have more wheel options for width and offset, and you wont rub your bed sides at all.

Taylor
slamditbig   +1y
are there any rear ends out there that could be swapped in its place to make work? one thats allready narrower than stock f150?
david lee   +1y

slamditbig said:

are there any rear ends out there that could be swapped in its place to make work? one thats allready narrower than stock f150?

not without redrilling to f150 bolt pattern. Only that platform is that pattern. 97-04(heritage only) f150, 97-02 expedition, 99-02 navigator, and lincoln blackwoods that platform. Your best option is to narrow rear end through moser. they cut one of my axles for 100$ shipped..or send whole thing to mmw and let him do u.

truckwillscrape   +1y
I've got a 98 f150 with a disk brake rearend off of a 01 f150 and im sfbd about 1in from the door and i'm laying body on 22's without having to narrow my rearend. its close to the bed sides but it doesn't rub at all im not really sure what my offset and backspacing on my wheels are but i didn't have to narrow anything
Page 1 of 1