threads
Page 1 of 1
Full Size Truckin General \  Reaming a spindle 2008+ Silverado for the EKMW Front Control Arm kit

Reaming a spindle 2008+ Silverado for the EKMW Front Control Arm kit

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 2161
replies 5
following 3

Bentlay   +1y
Edited: 1/18/2012 11:29:18 AM by Bentlay

Who here has used the EKMW front control arm kit with their stock spindles? I just found out from them that the spindles need to be tapered for the new ball joint on the lower control arm. But they are saying the only way to do it is to send them the spindles. Id prefer not to spend $120 in shipping and who knows how long of a down time.... They won't tell me what size taper it is, or what kind of ball joint is being used, so i was wondering if someone has done their own spindles for the control arm kit? Thanks for any help!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Edited: 1/18/2012 11:50:51 AM by Chopped Mazda

they wont tell you?? What the hell.

you use a 1/2" - 1" Tapered Reamer @ 7 degrees.

Here ya go. http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=8154&group_ID=946 lifetime warranty, break it in half with it gets dull and get it replaced for free. Thats the reamer i use on my kits i produce, to fit the 88-98 chevy lower ball joint style.

Taylor
Bentlay   +1y
thank you for the quick response Taylor, do you know if they use the 88-98 BJ too?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I do not know for certain, but im going to assume they do. This reamer will work for most GM RWD Full Size lower ball Joints. 88-98 1500, 2500, 3500, tahoe, suburban...and so on.

Im not entirely sure what they use, but I do believe this is the one they would use in this application. If you have a set of calipers and can measure the joint at its thickest point, I could tell you for sure.

Taylor
thacru78   +1y
That is the BJ they use...and that is the exact reamer that I use and have used to install their kits. Don't waste your time sending it to them. That reamer will do the job with ease. Go slow, use lubricant and don't bog the bit down. Take a little at a time out until the BJ fits properly!!! I've warrantied that bit 5 times atleast!!! My snap-on guy hates me because the only time i call him is to warranty this bit. Lol
Bentlay   +1y
Just picked up the reamer from my snap-on guy. Thanks for your help!!!
Page 1 of 1