Page 1 of 2
Ford Trucks \  Towing my truck

Towing my truck

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 768
replies 11
following 8

truk2low4u   +1y
What does everyone think about towing my 1983 c10 longbed with a 2001 expedition 2wd with a 4.6?? I plan on putting bags on the rear of expedition to tow mor weight. Right now it's just the stock coil spring setup.
79squarebody   +1y
it will tow it but it will be underpowerd a bit probly.with the 4.6 climbing alot of hills and mountains will be stressfull.on it..check your overall trailer weight loaded and make sure u dont exceed recommended loaded tow capacity of expedition
truk2low4u   +1y
Yeah that is what I was thinking I will defiantly need to take the 22s off for sure
automatik23   +1y
Good luck, My 99 expedition with the 4.6 struggles to pull my long bed ranger with a v8, I couldnt imagine towing a fullsize with it. Although, It did make it from California to Kentucky, just go slow and be careful
truk2low4u   +1y
Alright well then I might go another route if you guys don't think it would work
BK2LIFE   +1y
just do it. and tell us how it worked out.
Draggin2hell   +1y
i have a supercrew f150 with the 4.6 2wd and sucks pullin my ext cab v8 s10 struggles like hell on hills and i pulled a buddy's c10 with it thought it was gonna die
cajuntaco   +1y
I would worry less about the power and more about the wheelbase. Towing a boat or mini truck with a SUV isn't so bad, but a fullsize truck is a whole different world.
bodydropped85   +1y
i would be most worried about my transmission.
truk2low4u   +1y
What do u think about using external trans cooler?