Page 1 of 1
Van Discussion \  Astro Van Questions

Astro Van Questions

Van Discussion Make Specific
views 1049
replies 8
following 5

noclrnce   +1y

Recently just picked up and 87 Astro van that was bagged at one time. All the bag mounts and airlines are still under it. The floor has been raised between the wheel wells and a flip kit and c notch is also there. My question is how do I get this thing back on the ground? It has fiberglass leaf springs under it and I dont really see how it works. Any pics tips or ideas would help me out alot.
marcus38   +1y
sounds like the springs need to go and a link setup installed. i havent seen any leaf spring air setups that had much suspension travel !
noclrnce   +1y
Will the thorbecke wishbone set up work?
noclrnce   +1y

I took the notch cover off today. It was poorly welded together and had gaps everywhere.
marcus38   +1y
i have yet to see a wishbone setup on an astro, but im sure it can be done!!
smithchassis   +1y
the rear of an astro is something that will be sorta tough to do, alot of reinforcing will need to be done, because it is a unibody, it wont be easy
marcus38   +1y
Take the advice from these guys^^^they know suspension modification on many vehicles!! If you decide to have someone else set it up, take it to Smiths if possible! Call em for a quote, it may help with your decision! Good luck!!
noclrnce   +1y
Thats a little far from me. Ill need to find someone a little closer.
rizz0   +1y
i built the one at the top of this page that is on 22s all around and it has a wishbone 3 link in it....
Page 1 of 1