Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  yet another ranger question. older rangers

yet another ranger question. older rangers

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 483
replies 6
following 6

devilx   +1y
Before i plunge into start a square body ranger project, What all is need to lay frame? i had an 03 and it was a pain in my ass to get it to lay. What obstacles will i be faced with on say an 89 or 90?
soccorjimmy   +1y
Square bodies are simply awesome when layed out. The biggest issue would be the i beams, most people swap in a toyota front lip. Look over at www,rangerpowersports.com for tons of other info on laying these trucks out. JIMMY
menace   +1y
If you plan to just lay frame, i say leave the beams, if you EVER plan on bodydropping it and laying on anything biger than a 18 then do a different front suspension setup. To lay frame you will need to relocate radius arms and transmission crossmember, which there are pre made crossmembers for that. its not fun to do. I wish i would of just spent my money on a toyota front suspension setup instead of buying dropped i-beams
slammedxonair   +1y
Yea it really comes down to what you want to do, great thing about rangers is they are a blank metal canvas pretty much. It can be laid out and bodied on 20s with beams but you will probably run into fender clearance issues with a body drop because of the negative to positive camber change. 18s would be ok. Great thing about a 84-94 toyota clip or mustang ii front end is you can ride low without wearing out the tires so bad.
FarFromFactory   +1y
id recomend not running mustang 2 i have a square body stockfloored 3 n cut floored 3 with 2in sectioned out of the rockers and i tryed running mustang 2 and there just not a good choice for bodied trucks had all kind of trouble with ball joints locking out and not getting enough lift if i was u id swap with toyota or S10 u might have to narrow track width if u run s10 though. but most people run toyota cause it works well and is same lug pattern.
bodydropped85   +1y
Edited: 10/29/2011 1:39:35 PM by bagged85

yota clip with mmw arms and a 2x3 frame. mine was bodied with a 4 in bodydrop(trad) on 18s and beams. barley got enough lift to turn. wheel offset is a big player on these trucks with a body drop as the body is about an inch narrower than the 93+. do you have a truck yet? i have a whole body you can HAVE. year really doesn't matter as far as bagging it or bodying it as they are pretty much the same 83-92. right now mine is sitting with a stock hood stock intake manifold on my 2.3.
devilx   +1y
No truck yet. I tried to talk the wife into it but the reason i sold my 03 is cause the want my ride to be able to hold the family in case something happens to hers. She probably won't let me get another mini until next year. She can tell i'm not happy.
Page 1 of 1