Page 1 of 1
Full Size Truckin General \  thinkin about taking autocad online

thinkin about taking autocad online

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 386
replies 4
following 5

xgolferdude   +1y
Ok so Im interested in learing how to use auto cad so I can build stuff in the virtual world before I get to cutting any metal... My biggest question is I have never used any of this before and I can take an online course to learn it.. I just dont know if an online course would really teach me anything.... Anyone who uses this give me an opinion please... Just want some insight before I dump $1000 for the course and the program... thanks in advance...

Jay
laydsuzu   +1y
Well i work with Acad/Flexcad/3D etc all day at my job, but i went to school for it and i've designed a few stuff in 3d before and its fun besides designing stuff for chemical plants lol, depends if thats all you want to learn is for just building stuff FOR YOU, or learn it as a profession and have the advantages of being ABLE to design anything....just depends on how you plan on using it for the future.
juicedwagon   +1y
if your just learning you can use the student version of autocad. i just got the 2011 and its great. i am takin a class and i would say its very good for the simple stuff and i plan on relearning it with my buddy that owns a bike company. i have only been taking it for four weeks now and i have learned a bunch.
rodandtruckdesign   +1y
i would advise you to learn as many of the keyboard shortcuts as you can
it saves alot of time rather than trying to find the icon

TRUBLAZIN   +1y
There are at least 3 ways to input a command so it will be up to you to learn all the tips and tricks in autocad . If you go to college or your in penn foster program you can get it free a full working autocad 2011 from autodesk. You can also go check out some of the forums like cad tutor, cad daily to get some help and info. Autocad can become frustrating if your not really in to it cause it is time consuming and tedious. I am in school right now using it to become a mechanical engineer. I am hoping to be able to do something in world of custom vehicles.
Page 1 of 1