Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  need help (info) on ford ranger

need help (info) on ford ranger

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 506
replies 5
following 6

gimp5561   +1y
does anyone know for sure that a first gen body and a 96 have the same floor pan??? IE will a 84 cab and bed fit on a 96 frame
strada shop   +1y
yes their the same 98 and above are different
Juggalo   +1y
What bout for a 90?
slammedxonair   +1y
Body mounts may be different, that's one thing I have never really tried though. Fist and second gen cab and bed are about the same. First, second, third all have almost the same suspension mounting points but the ibeams changed from gen 1-2. 98+ the cabs were stretched and pretty much everything forward of the leaf spring hanger and bed is different. You would probably need to find a frame measurement diagram from a body shop or Ford to be 100% sure. 89-97 has the exact same suspension so the frames are either really close or exactly the same.
bodydropped85   +1y
Edited: 10/24/2011 6:13:39 PM by bagged85

yes only difference is the crumple zone and front bumper mounts. rest of the frame is identical. even if not, the cab has about an inch of adjustment in it anyways. the 98+ frames are 3 in longer. i guess this is why the poly body mount kit is for 83-97... :)

if i do remember correctly there was a pro street ranger featured in sport truck back in 01 or 02 i think, gen I frame with 3rd gen cab and 5th gen front end. it was silver.
johntaps   +1y
Yes, obviously both 84 and 96 have the same floor pan but the difference is in body frame mount point, crumple zone and steering bumper mount.
Page 1 of 1