Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  Dont want the rag top need HELP

Dont want the rag top need HELP

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 434
replies 6
following 5

chiznad20   +1y
I bought a 98 ranger and the roof was already cut for a rag top. Heard most of them leak so I dont want to put it in. Any suggestions on what to do. Dont really want to weld the whole roof back up.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
dont have many options, ragtop it or weld it up. 3rd would be cut an entire roof off and re-install it on this truck or "roadster" your truck. once a hole exists, you have to go to plan "b".
MagicMikey   +1y
i added a rubber seal around my rag top and that keeps the water out, but if you want to do away with it you can replace the roof, drill out the spot welds that hold the roof skin. get another roof from and junk truck and do it the same way and swap roofs. weld up the wholes from the new skin to the truck. sounds easier than it is to do. there will be many spot welds to drill out. you will have to pull the windows out to find them all. there is also a drill bit just for spot weld drilling.
4DOORWHORE   +1y
ya what magicmikey said
chiznad20   +1y
Thanks guys for the help
soccorjimmy   +1y
what did you use for the rubber seal. JIMMY
MagicMikey   +1y
i found it at lowes or homedepo, its with the weather stripping and its a soft rubber that sticks on. down side is you need to pull it off and replace it when it gets worn. but is quick and easy to do.
Page 1 of 1