Page 1 of 1
Interior \  No more rag top HELP

No more rag top HELP

Interior Q & A
views 693
replies 6
following 7

chiznad20   +1y
I just bought a 98 ranger and it already has the hole cut in the roof for a rag top. I have heard most of them leak so I dont want to put it in. Any suggestions on what to do. Dont really want to weld the whole roof back up. Thanks guys for the help.
BK2LIFE   +1y
quit bein a baby and put a ragtop back in it..

people say ford rangers are big POS's but that didnt stop you from gettin it..

soccorjimmy   +1y
Talk to the guys at Ragtopsonline.com They took over when Street Beat stopped selling them. I have had mine for over 4 years even though it is daily driven, I dont drive it in the the rain if I dont have to. The times I had to drive in the rain I had no leaks unless it was raining really hard at an angle. The guy at the site mentioned has made alot of improvements to the ragtop. JIMMY
MagicMikey   +1y
i added a rubber seal around the frame of mine that the rag top covers. works good in all weather. to replace it is alot of work. drillin out spot welds, and taking a most of the windows out. then you got to get the roof off another junk truck and do the same then weld up the spot weld holes.
dailydraggn   +1y
doesnt rain much here in AZ but mine only leaked when i washed the truck when spraying the roof off with a hose. never had rain leak in...
nautiquess   +1y
Thanks for the plug, yes I took over all manufacturing of the ragtops when Streetbeat switched hands to become a internet based business. Partner and I have made many improvements on fit, finish and functionality. If you need a replacement give me a call directly, 480-213-9618 my name is Chad. Also you can email me at ragtopsonline@rocketmail.com As a testomonial, I have one in my current truck which was on the cover of truckin 2 months ago, when I went to forbidden fantasy this year, I couldnt find a do it your self carwash... so I took it thru a automatic one.. surprisingly even with all that pressure from the side, I didnt have one drop of water come inside..
bodydropped85   +1y
do they leak from the frame or the canvas TO the frame? if its the frame leaking, put windshield urethane in the crack before you install it. if your gona replace the skin, dont worry about welding it, panel bond that sucker.
Page 1 of 1