Page 1 of 2
Full Size Truckin General \  question about trailering a bagged vehicle

question about trailering a bagged vehicle

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 2202
replies 18
following 16

baggedsilverado   +1y
now this may be stupid but i haven't really heard or found a straight answer . my question is , is it better to trailer ur vehicle aired up or layed out ? and why my truck is bagged and bodied if that info is needed i just wanted to make sure to be safe thanks for any info or insight

billEXSSESIVE LIFESTYLES
laydsuzu   +1y
there was an article in mini truckin' or street trucks a while back on comparing the 2. but i prefer to lay mine out on the trailer on some small boards to keep it off the actual trailer floor.
tuckinlugs06   +1y
yeah i do the same i have some boards cut that fit the frame only so the body wont hit anything if i was to bounce from a bad spot in the road
baggedsilverado   +1y
so do u lay the boards along the frame or do u do u lay it from dr side to pass side and when it aired out how do u keep the straps from rubbing on any body panels
SHOWTIME   +1y
I have tried both. I tried keeping it aired up and on one trip an airline let go and I lost air to one corner and that caused the strap to go loose and the truck moved around on the trailer thus putting a dent in my fresh paint. I now lay the truck out on a couple of 4x4 fence post and cross strap or cross chain the truck. Never had a problem since. I run my 4x4 posts from side to side not front to back. The reason I ran 4x4 posts is you have more room to get straps or chains around the frame and not have them hitting any
painted body panels. I think taking your starps or chains and hooking them to suspension or frame is personal choice.
baggedsilverado   +1y
--------------------------------------------

longnlow said:

I have tried both. I tried keeping it aired up and on one trip an airline let go and I lost air to one corner and that caused the strap to go loose and the truck moved around on the trailer thus putting a dent in my fresh paint. I now lay the truck out on a couple of 4x4 fence post and cross strap or cross chain the truck. Never had a problem since. I run my 4x4 posts from side to side not front to back. The reason I ran 4x4 posts is you have more room to get straps or chains around the frame and not have them hitting anypainted body panels. I think taking your starps or chains and hooking them to suspension or frame is personal choice.

--------------------------------------------

thank u sir for the info that does clear it up for me i just remember towing my truck to sema and having the issue with the straps getting loose on me i have always used the x method with the straps and i think 4x4 would be much better then 2x4 so i think trailering to the car show this weekend will be much safer i really do appreciate the info and anyone else wants to chime in please feel free to

thank u bill
SHOWTIME   +1y
Bagged the only other thing I can say is after about the first 50 miles of travel pull over and double check your straps. Staps do have a tendancy to stretch a little if they are loose you know the drill tighten them up and then when ever you stop for gas,food or what have you check them out and you are golden.
unusualfabrication   +1y
When I trailer mine I just lay it out on the deck and strap it tight, never had a problem. As mentioned above, after a few miles I check the straps after they have settled in and then every time I stop after that just to make sure they are still tight.
n2bnlow   +1y
I tow aired up. Just my preference. Thinking behind it is, the enclosed trailer I have wasn't designed to have that big of a heavy foot print. The tires sit on re-enforced pad areas. Also, I believe the truck in the trailer takes less of a beating when it has suspension under it. But if I was towing on a flatbed, I'd tow aired out. Because you can see it. :XL:
TRUBLAZIN   +1y
No one has any pics. Pic please.