Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  Need steering wheel swap help

Need steering wheel swap help

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 413
replies 3
following 4

layedoutnissan   +1y
My buddy is having a hard time finding an answer to this question so I figured i'd throw it up here and maybe get an answer.

He has a 97 ford f150 and he is installing a billet specialties steering wheel and lecarra hub. The question he needs answered is how does he turn off abs light or disconnect whole abs system?? When he pulls the bulb it chimes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
bodydropped85   +1y
you mean the srs system. pull the cluster, put black tape on the back of the part were the bulb shines through and put the bulb back in. only way unless he finds the proper resistance of the air bag and puts a resistor in the horn button were the airbag plugged in. unless you know someone who works at a dealer and is good with reflashing them and have him disable the drivers airbag. the dealer wont do it because its against federal regulation...
tre5   +1y
I was kinda confused as to what the steering wheel had to do with the brakes, but now that James said srs I get it, lol.
idrgbdy   +1y
My buddy has that same body style and has a billet wheel. I'll ask him about it.
Page 1 of 1