Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  01 Ranger won't start!

01 Ranger won't start!

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 385
replies 3
following 2

artsar   +1y
So I am posting this for a friend so my info may not be 100% complete but any info or somewhere to start would be great.

The truck was in storage over the winter and when it came out it wouldn't start. It would click once but thats it. We loaded it and took it to a show as it and then back to storage. We thought maybe the starter, replaced it and the truck now doesn't even click. So we thought maybe the battery, so that got replaced and still nothing. It acts as if it has absolutely no power. Now I haven't actually seen the truck since taking it out of storage the first time but I am trying to help get it going.

Some possible issues I think it may be are:Lose wiresBlown main fuse

Other than that no idea. It worked when it went away and now it doesn't. We did fine some mouse shit on it when we found it and it was in a barn at like -30C weather all winter. Something may have frozen or been eaten. Anyone else have an idea?

Thanks in advance.
artsar   +1y
Anyone have an idea? Would like to get this truck running for camp n drag!
tmiit71   +1y
if you found mouse shit, then there is a real good chance it got into the a wire loom, cmopped down to the cooper wire strands to sharpen it's teeth!! j/k...first and for most, pull the fuse box cover off in the engine bay and check every fuse, next, follow the harness from the battrey terminals on down to the starter, focus on the harness that runs across the top of the transmission bell housing. it could have snacked on the primary/soenoid wire, but you got lights on the dash? Headlights comeon? ....hope that helps..
artsar   +1y
We got it working today. It turned out that the battery ground was no good. It was bolted to gas tank cross member and the paint was sanded off at the connection so that was one issue. After that it turned out the motor to frame ground strap is dead so we added another one. Now it starts up no problem. I didn't think to check the motor to frame ground strap...
Page 1 of 1