threads
Page 1 of 1
American Cars \  New Crate Northstar In A 66 Cadi..

New Crate Northstar In A 66 Cadi..

American Cars General Discussions
views 643
replies 6
following 7

NickW   +1y
Has anyone done a new crate northstar motor into an older cadillac?

I have a 66 and while the big v8 is fine, i am just looking for me reliability and something that will provide years of trouble free use.. if you or anyone you know has done this.. please link me to pictures.. or write ups.. or anything..

ElCadillacKid   +1y
nice Cad man! You really don't need to swap in a Northstar into it because these old Cadillac motors are damn solid and don't have any reliability issues. i have a 500 motor from an Eldorado in my '66 and it runs awesome.
artsar   +1y
I haven't done it but theres a 50s caddy rolling around my area with the swap done. Theres pictures of it on the net somewhere.
ra156   +1y
i hve seen one in a streetrod i had sum info n it ill find it and link it up son as i remember...lol

:RA:
okcustoms   +1y
you also have to be sure that the computer can be unlocked, there is a certain year that this can not be unlocked i forget what year. just double check before you buy a crate. I have to agree the 500 is a solid engine no need for the oil leak northstar.
nautiquess   +1y
Currently doing so in my 63, there are alot of forums based on the swap, I am doing a 4.6 and doing a rwd conversion on it using a 2.8l 700r4 tranny. People who have done the swap have reported gettign 25-26 mpg on big boats such as ours... that is why I am doing it. check out a site called www.chrfab.com or .net they have everything u will need, and some badass billet valve covers and a forum. use a stand alone ecu
oldskool66   +1y
Im putting a Northstar motor in my 91 nissan hardbody right now. there sweet motors. they use a 2.8v6 bellhousing bolt pattern so u can use a t5 or 700r4 from any small v6 s-10. my father has been building northstars for several years in his vintage front engine dragster and is making some very impressive HP numbers with them. 865hp 750ftlbs. Im using a 99 m/yr block and 2001 heads. with a factory ecu and a hand made standalone harness.
Page 1 of 1