Page 1 of 2
Ford Trucks \  03 supercrew driveshaft

03 supercrew driveshaft

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 1170
replies 10
following 7

Nyterydrtuckn26s   +1y
What does everyone do about there driveshafts rubbing underneth of the truck??? so please tell me how to fix issue or show me some pictures of what has been done to your rides
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Usually you notch the area that is rubbing so it clears.

Some vehicles will install a carrier bearing and run a 2 piece drive shaft. Not sure specifically on your ford, but the most uinversal option is to notch the area out that is rubbing, and box it back in so its stays strong.

Taylor
Nyterydrtuckn26s   +1y
i belive it has been notched out already. but ill check again to see
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
You have to notch the crap out of it and you can have some one build you a 4in steel driveline instead of the 5in alum one. we found it was better to leave a one piece in them instead of deal with the carrier.
Nyterydrtuckn26s   +1y
so i need to tunnel cab out and redo all cross members under the cab and ill be good to go??
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Sounds like your best option!
Jaylee   +1y
I tunneled my cab. you have to cut the cross members that support your gas tank also. you could get the driveshaft out of a Supercrew Harley F150. They have 2pc driveshafts. When you cut your cab floor it also going to mess with the back seat mount on the drivers side. I still havent fixed that.
NaviGangsta   +1y
Edited: 7/2/2011 8:31:04 PM by NaviGangsta

I found a chevy 2 piece driveshaft in a junkyard that is the perfect length. It is still sitting in the floor but the yoke and tail piece will change right over. I think it is from a single cab longbed with the 6.0. I looked at probally 100 driveshafts before finding one that looked like it would work.

Harley Davidson driveshafts = $$$, hard to find, and the wrong length (they have a different tranny)

I really need to put it on. I have a 3.5" steel 1piece on it right now, and it vibrates like crazy.
Nyterydrtuckn26s   +1y
ive been looking for drive shaft seems not carried by for dealers. since i dont have same transmission as most f-150 do so it got to be custom made for about 500$$. i have changed rear seats to buckets so hopefully no problem there when tunnel the cab out. so any got pics of there cab tunnels ?
Jaylee   +1y
This is all I have for pics.