Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  supra irs tie-rods

supra irs tie-rods

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1880
replies 4
following 3

92zuzuman   +1y
Hey i got an 89 supra mkIII rear in my project and im looking to ditch the factory tierods for ones that have an adjuster sleeve, gonna run the bar end on the inside still but i need to know if tierod ends off any other car/truck will fit in the spindle. I really dont feel like buying a reamer and an aftermarket tierod end. Anyone know of one?
e10pvmt   +1y
all i did was drill it out to 9/16 and built a new arm with a heim on the end....here is a pic of when i was tryin to figure bag placment and upper arm ideas

post photo
92zuzuman   +1y
Thats a good idea why didnt i think of that? did you go with a bar end on the inside or another heim? Also what upper balljoints are those are they jeebus joints? on mine i used 2wd nissan hardbody upper balljoints same size and taper and they have more throw than the stock balljoints.
e10pvmt   +1y
the inside is a standard bushing end for a 4 link...the ball joint is a uniball...i had a mislaignment spaced Tig'd to the spindle after i drilled the taper out to 3/4" and sleeved it down to 9\16" so i use a 9\16 bolt through it....i tried to get info on a screw in upper ball joint and had no luck....had i known it was a nissan upper ball joint i probably would have gone another route....either way i get the center up to 15" from the ground, enough to lay a 22, with plenty of room to spare
92zuzuman   +1y
nice man thanks for the info ill try to get pics of my supra setup on here soon. I get my center hub to about 15" as well.
Page 1 of 1