Page 1 of 1
Interior \  Tweed and Fiberglass?

Tweed and Fiberglass?

Interior Q & A
views 586
replies 2
following 2

nvrloenuf   +1y
I have been reading up on how to fiberglass for a little bit but I have not seen if you need to wrap a dash before glassing it or do you sand and glass the dash itself? If it needs to be wrapped, I know you can use fleece or any other material but I was wondering if I could just glass over the tweed that is on there as it would soak up the resin.. (door panels too)
n2bnlow   +1y
If its hard plastic, then it would look best if you stripped all the tweed and glue off. Then sand all the texture off. Then prep and paint.
If its soft, or plastic covered foam on metal and hard plastic, then you'd want to strip everything down to the hard plastic and metal. Then wrap it with fabric. Then 5-7 coats of resin and chop mat,sand,sand,sand....
I wouldn't just put resin on the tweed no matter which type of dash you're talking about.
The door panels? If you're talking about the plastic door pods like on a Tacoma, I'd do the 1st method I mentioned. You can get the plastic real smooth. Make sure there is no shiny parts left. Every inch must be sanded to a dull smooth finish. Hope this helps.

:XL:
nvrloenuf   +1y
Thanks a lot.. Yeah I was hoping I could get out easy.. But looks like I will be stripping it all off.. Thanks again..
Page 1 of 1