Page 1 of 1
Interior \  isuzu interior ideas needed

isuzu interior ideas needed

Interior Q & A
views 446
replies 6
following 5

tacokane   +1y
I am currently in the middle of redoing the interior of my 91 isuzu reg cab. I've already incorporated in a late 90s model rodeo dash, buck seats with custom console, and door panels. The problem I'm having is the rear cab pillers, back wall, and under the rear window. These areas did not come with any panels from the factory therefore is nothing to wrap, and I'm not looking to paint anything on the interior to keep my theme. I don't have the big bucks to send to a interior shop to have custom built so if anyone has any ideas as to some panels I could use or how to make my own that fit to all the factory curves then please chim in. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering this or has run into the situation.
bouoy   +1y

Get some panel board or chip board. Start with a large square to get the most of it fitted and then just cut and stack the board on top of it's self to make the hard turns when you are done just sand it down flat with a da or die grinder then you will have solid base to start with. you can use some 3m dbl sided tape to lock it in place or just some hook and loop from wal-mart. I hope that helps
tacokane   +1y
Im not quite understanding how you make your curves by just stacking and grinding. Any pictures of this process would be helpful, always been more of a visual person.
bouoy   +1y
you make the curves by cutting pie slices in the board.. think of taking a paper plate and cutting a bunch of lines in it and now you can fold it the way it needs to be. once its all glued and dried all you have to do is sand it level. I have a book but my scanner does not work. Here is one of the books i have I found it so you can just buy it online

link
mjavy7   +1y
^^ you know a picture is worth 1000 words.

tacokane   +1y
Ok cool, I already got it on order
bouoy   +1y
--------------------------------------------

MJAVY7 said:

^^ you know a picture is worth 1000 words.

--------------------------------------------

I did not think what i was saying was far fetched. I tried to find a picture online but after a few tries I got nodda so i gave him a link to the book instead
Page 1 of 1