threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  four link set up on performance truck help?

four link set up on performance truck help?

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 395
replies 2
following 2

ryan3500   +1y
Hi all want to get some ideas on setting up my four link in my truck (1990 rcsb c1500) will be a parallel 4 link with watts link, bar lengths will be 25.5" long and ride height will be 6"Up front there will be about 600-700hpPlans are to take this down the 1/4 sometimes and road use so how would you be setting up the rear end ie best place to have the ic ect... thanks
maz duh   +1y
If you set your bars up paralell you won't have an instant centre. The instant centre is determined by drawing two imaginary lines beyond the front link bar mounts until the point in which they intersect. The piont of intersection will be your instant centre, if the bars are paralell the lines will never intersect. I would suggest you use a link setup with multiple front mounting options to give you some tuneability at the track.

Are you going to be running a coil over type rear suspensin on the truck? Have you looked at the 4 link sticky that is posted on the site yet? It does a pretty good job at covering the basics if you haven't checked it out yet
ryan3500   +1y
cheers, yeah i plan to not run the bars parallel to each other! My plan was to run the lower arms parallel to the ground at ride height and have the tops bars angled down to get a (IC)

Multiple mounting holes on the front tabs have been considered also and i think would be a good idea, But a base (ic) would be nice to know if possible! And then once at the track i can change it if need be ect....

truck will be bagged and BD'D but i will have mounting tabs for coil overs.

As for the 4 link sticky, i will have a read, thanks
Page 1 of 1