threads
Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  rad. fan shroud on bodied f150!?

rad. fan shroud on bodied f150!?

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 401
replies 9
following 6

98FRMED150   +1y
ok guys...got my 98 f150 all apart...goin to start cutting this weekend...doin a traditional 3 inch...my prob is what did yall do with the radiator fan shroud? did yall make it fit? ive talked to some guys and they said they did away with it...didnt work out for them. i just dont want my truck to over heat and not realy wanting to buy some electric fans right now. what do yall think/input.

thanks
severedmikey   +1y
I know this doesnt exactly answer your question, but ive never had one on and I lived in vegas for two years and daily drove my truck in over 100 degree temps and it never considered overheating. It just has the stock fan.
98FRMED150   +1y
cool thanks...i was thinking about running a electric fan from like a civic or someshit and my clutch fan...to be on the safe side
MOBNSIC   +1y
im pretty sure you should be able to run the stock fan i am and its bodied 3" should be the same set up truck to suv
ga,mazduh   +1y
on the 1 we did we kept it we just cut the top out to allow room for the fan. not to bad at all
98FRMED150   +1y
cool...thanks for the help..ill see when i get that far
Marcos_65   +1y
Mine isn't a ford, but when I bodied mine, I just installed a Ford Taurus electric fan and its working out great in the Arizona heat.
98FRMED150   +1y
cool cool...thats what imma have to do then...got a junk yard and get me a fan..thanks
92zuzuman   +1y
dodge intrepids, stratuses and chryselr sebrings have nice dual electric fans too, they move a good amount of air a lot of guys use em they fit nice on the bigger v6/v8 radiators.
98FRMED150   +1y
sounds good to me..thanks guys
Page 1 of 1