American Cars \  Questions on baggin a 68 Cadi

Questions on baggin a 68 Cadi

American Cars General Discussions
views 440
replies 6
following 4

Diesel1382   +1y
Edited: 3/17/2011 1:57:50 PM by Diesel1382

So i finally convinced a friend to clear out some room in his barn so i could tear into my 68 Cadi this weekend. Starting on the body work and first stage of paint this saturday. I'm planning on baggin it beginning of next month and wanted to see any front and rear set ups you guys might have a few pics of. I'm thinking RE7's in the front and RE6's in the rear. I crawled under the rear when i first got it and noticed that it had a factory 4-link.

draggincaddy   +1y
i have pics of all the work i did on mine. a c notch will let it lay hard on some big tires. i copied the factory 4 link with dom tubing and 3inch bushings ( the factory endsare all 3in)... the og bushings are crap and rotted out. front just needs a cup about 4 inches tall and a circle plate on the lower arm for the bag to bolt to. i cut the hump off and made the arm completely flat
Diesel1382   +1y
here are a few pics of it as it sits now.

post photo
post photo
Diesel1382   +1y
Sweet, can you e-mail me any pics that you have?

I was just looking at the pics you have on your profile. I noticed that you notched the frame, would i need to do that to just lay on the factory sized tires? I saw a few of the other Cadi's layed on 22's, didnt know if notching the frame instead of actually welding in a bigger notch would do the trick.
milkshake   +1y
but time u started on that thing douche! ;)
Diesel1382   +1y
I know man. I live in an apartment and i cant even pop the hood on it with out some ass hole telling me i cant work on it there. I got the paint for it last week after my boy told me that i could work on it at his house.
fettuccine2   +1y
RE7's up front should be good. I got a 63 Cadi and put RE6's up front, and it takes a lot of air pressure (about 100 lbs) before I can get the front end off the ground. RE7's shouldn't require as much air pressure.
Page 1 of 1