threads
Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  2001 ranger leaf spring on bags?

2001 ranger leaf spring on bags?

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 283
replies 5
following 5

gudder   +1y
got the front done now want to go back and do the rear but need to keep the leaf spring can t do a 4 link just yet! what are some quick,easy and cheapiest way to bag it on the leaf spring for the time being to get me by. runnin on factory wheels.
Marcos_65   +1y
2 link it.
milenk0   +1y
to answer your question, you CAN monoleaf it, but nobody here will recommend it. you will probably get chastised for it anyways. but anyways, notch it, make a bridge and weld bag plates to the axle and to the bridge. will have to be bag over axle. to get it to lay out, you are going to have to take the monoleaf off, and flip them over, so that they arch upwards. but this will put alot of tension on the leaf itself and will eventually crack. now, why cant you do a 4 link right now? if it were me (and it has been before), i would wait, save my money, buy a 4 link, and put it on. doing it wrong, then having to redo it is eventually more costly than saving the money up the first time and doing it right.
slammedxonair   +1y
Yea I would save up and just 4 link it. But if you absolutely must bag it on the leaf springs, Flip your rear hangers and shackles, keep the main and overload leafs(the shortest one) install a flip kit and a 4" angled block and that is about as low as your are going to get, about a 10-12" drop in the rear. Make sure your U-bolts are torqued correctly and some loctite would not hurt. make sure to keep an eye on the U-bolts and re-torque if need be, they tend to loosen up after a couple hundred miles or so after the install.
scotto79   +1y
Really, just save your money and do the rear properly when you can. Until then, just flip the leafs, and put some blocks in there and call it a day.
gudder   +1y
thank guy it was four link when i got it but had a reverse 4 link and the guy just did not have a clue what he was doin so i ripped all of it off went back to leaf and put a flip kit on it look good but you know how it is just want to be lower. it allready notch i still have the 4 link bars but no shop to install at this time so i figure i can bag it on leaf in one day. i just dnt want to put the 4 link in that fast this pinin is a bitch to set compared to my yota that i had. but thanks again guy i guess i just wait!
Page 1 of 1