Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  bagging a 98 F 150 on 24's

bagging a 98 F 150 on 24's

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 1844
replies 8
following 6

kdaddy   +1y
Looking for any info, tips, pics, on bagging a F 150 on 24's. And also any info on parts such as control arms etc..
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I build uppers and lowers as well as raised UCA brackets and upper bag mounts that will let you lay out.

I personally narrow the track width of the arms i build according to the customers wheel offset, but i will narrow them, and flip the lower to mount to the bottom side of the stock spindle, then raise the UCA mount 4" to help take the upper arms out of bind.

The uppers i make with jeebus joints that get abour 13 degrees more travel than stock ball joints, and a hell of a lot stronger.

I also produce a steering kit for these trucks to fix the bumpsteer caused with flipping the lowers.

Taylor
kdaddy   +1y
Thanks for the info will be calling you soon! Anyone have ant pics?
post photo
98FRMED150   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Chopped Mazda said:

I build uppers and lowers as well as raised UCA brackets and upper bag mounts that will let you lay out.

I personally narrow the track width of the arms i build according to the customers wheel offset, but i will narrow them, and flip the lower to mount to the bottom side of the stock spindle, then raise the UCA mount 4" to help take the upper arms out of bind.

The uppers i make with jeebus joints that get abour 13 degrees more travel than stock ball joints, and a hell of a lot stronger.

I also produce a steering kit for these trucks to fix the bumpsteer caused with flipping the lowers.

Taylor

--------------------------------------------

hey taylor...i just bought my ekmw raised kit...i have djm lowers and stock uppers...running 2,600..with plated lowers and upper plate mount...im doin the tie rod/lower ball joint flip...i talked to mitch at ekstensive and he says i dont need to trim off any for the tie rods...you know to get them aligned...is that true on your part? i dont want to cause any drama or go back and forth...just looking for someone else app. and also he said i should use a 95 mustang booster...ive never seen anyone use that besides exploer/ranger boosters...he said i shouldnt have to extend the rod that connect to the peddle so i should go with the mustang. and how much do your uppers with jeebus joints run? could i modify my stock uppers to take the joints or they made with your uppers? thanks for all the info...hope to hear from ya.

chris

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
You should not need to trim off any of your tie rods, espically if your not changing your track width at all, it should all stay the same for ya. I only have to trim my tie rods with kits when i narrow the track width significanly with larger wheels.

I have no clue on the mustang booster, but it sounds like it should work fine really.

My uppers for the ford run 499$. Im sure you can modify your stock uppers to take the jeebus joint, but it would be a hell of a job.

Taylor
MOBNSIC   +1y
this is for chris i used a mustang brake booster on my 99 expedition and its set up for 26's but they are way too big so 24's work perfect also ran 88-98 lower a arms
98FRMED150   +1y
thanks man...ya i researched and googled and binged and on diff forms...never saw anyyyone using a mustang booster..i guess it was kinda fishy...ill goto autozone and get them to pull some from the back and see what works...and $499 for uppers arent bad at all...good quality shit too...ill have to look into that thanks.
groundedbigbody   +1y
The mustang booster is used by alot of f150 guys the connecting rod is shorter and needs to be cut off the stock and welded to the mustang one
NaviGangsta   +1y
I have NEVER liked going with a smaller booster. Everytime I have done it the brakes feel like shit.
Hydroboost ftw
Page 1 of 1