Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  2001 RANGER how to set the front lower

2001 RANGER how to set the front lower

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 1239
replies 8
following 4

gudder   +1y
i got a 2001 ford ranger that i am trying to set the front lower how can i do this? maybe body droping in future dnt know just yetso far it has lowere djm arms on bottom cups with 2500 bags. i have not notch the tie rod just yet but it look like i need to do that because it hinting the frame a little and also have not taken the inside fenders out either. any advice will great thinks gudder
bigdaddypaco   +1y
you need to notch for the tie rods before you bend them..as for getting lower, you need to Z the front 2" to get a 98+ Ranger to lay flat.
low00range   +1y
Definitely notch for those tie rods, get rid of those inner fenders, if your feeling ambitious do the Z
gudder   +1y
thanks guy i think i allready have bent the tie rod little, still drive straight ,workin on it though but if i take the fenders out will it set a little lower i realy cant do the z notch at this time no garge. running fact. 15 205-60 i think, i was running 215-30-18 set about the same. thinks again
bigdaddypaco   +1y
just lay it out and look under neath, if the engine cross member is laying on the ground then taking out the wheel wells wont do anything for you...also another thing that is probably holding you up some is the engine cross memeber, that needs to be replaced as well...
low00range   +1y
--------------------------------------------

bigdaddypaco said:

just lay it out and look under neath, if the engine cross member is laying on the ground then taking out the wheel wells wont do anything for you...also another thing that is probably holding you up some is the engine cross memeber, that needs to be replaced as well...

--------------------------------------------

You mean transmission crossmember?
slammedxonair   +1y
The only way a 98+ ranger is going to lay crossmember without removing the wheel wells is runnin like a 16 with low pro tires or if you have an edge with the huge engine crossmember. If you still have your stock tranny crossmember you may want to check out the one I sell that sits up in side of the frame rails and was featured iin mini truckin mag lalst year http://shop.illusivefabrications.com/crossmembers/ford-ranger-98-raised-transmission-crossmember/
bigdaddypaco   +1y
sorry , yea I meant the transmission cross member... I am pretty sure I laid out on my engine cross member on 17's with only the plastic inner fender pulled and the tranny cross member changed out.
gudder   +1y
it was bagged all around when i got the truck, but put leaf spring back on the back because dude had thing all f*** up will be re do that in future,at that time it layed, but it does have the transmission cross bar all ready installed. The front engine cross member is is less than a half of inch to laying with fenders still there.and the tires are bottom on them hard. i just trying to get the front done wright then move back to the back and redo that got to lay has low as i an before body dropping! thank again guy love this site yall allway come through for me. gudder
Page 1 of 1