Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  Bagging an 05 150

Bagging an 05 150

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 2263
replies 9
following 6

Evil150   +1y
So like many of you before me I'm getting over my static 3/6 drop and want to bag my 05 2wd Scab. The only thing I've come across online are the shockwaves and airbar for the rear but I wasn't really planning on spending that kinda $$ on some direct bolt on kit. Are there any universal 4-links I could just weld right up in there? Some really big C-notch? And I'm pretty much lost for what to do to the front, but my main and primary concern lies with bagging the rear first. Any help would be appreciated as I'm pretty new to this whole bagging world.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
ive made a few parts for the 04+ ford trucks. shoot me an email to info@michiganmetalworks.com and i can let you know what all i have made and can do for ya.

Taylor
drpitlo   +1y
The one I did here I used a chassistech light duty 4 link and the way i set it up i kept the factory tank. I used an 8 inch notch and then made a bridge over the differental and ran the upper bars to that but far enough in at the front to clear the tank. and the lowers came off of the spring hangers. i didnt get any pics sorry.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
I used the Suicide Doors parrallel 4 link and panhard bar and did a bag over axle setup so I can still tow just fine with it. I used Slam Specialties RE8s on the rear and RE7s on the front. Like Bobby I kept my stock tank in it's location. An 8" notch is all you need, I used a 10" and it kinda made things easier because I raised my lower bag mounts a little higher than they come (3" higher), but it gave me more clearance for all the fuel system crap that they put on these trucks.

For the front, the lower control arms are aluminum so you will need to build some crazy brackets or find someone that builds lower control arms for it. ^^^Taylor probably builds them, I need to get up with him one of these days and get me a set if he does. If you build the brackets, like I did to save money for now, you will have to build them so that the lower mount doesn't pivot. I think I have pics in my profile, if not I will try to get some up soon. But I used the lower coil over bolt to mount the lower bracket and then built shit off of it to keep it from rocking either way, been rollin everyday for about 8 months now with no problems.

Basically the rear is about like any other truck, the front is pretty simple except for the lca. And because it is a 2 piece driveshaft you don't have to do anything with the tunnel.
tre5   +1y
I sell a universal 4 link tab setup. I sell the tabs only for $110.I also sell a universal watts link tab kit for $100

Let me know if you have any questions. I sell all the bushings and heim joints as well.
post photo
post photo
post photo
maztang (ryan)   +1y
Edited: 2/11/2011 10:53:14 PM by Maztang

Hey Jeremy, how much for that whole watts link setup tabs, bars, and all? I know I will have to get you lengths. Shoot me an IM.
Evil150   +1y
Sorry for the slow response I've been out of town. Well thanks a lot for all the input i learned more off this one post then i did with 3 years on my F150 forum asking if anyones bagged one of these. So I'll send Taylor an e-mail about the lca's, go with a 10" notch, and choose one of those 4-links, get the tabs maybe. Whats a rough estimate I'd be looking at for all these parts and is it worth it to go with the watts? Also what size tires is everyone running?
maztang (ryan)   +1y
IMO a watts link is the very best way to go with a parallel 4 link, it allows no side to side motion like a panhard bar does. However, if you are going to relocate the fuel cell I would suggest going with a triangulated 4 link. You need no panhard or watts link with a triangulated 4 link, but you will have to relocate the tank. I am running stock wheels with a 245 65r17 tire, I forget that overall height but I didn't have to cut out the inner fender well in the front and the tire is only 1" smaller than stock, and I still lay flat frame.
Evil150   +1y
Well I wouldn't really mind relocating the tank, I could put it in the front of the bed under my tonneau cover. If anyone wants to sell me everything I'm going to need as a package (besides bags or air management, unless you have a great deal on that too) then I'd be willing to give you my business. I guess just shoot me an e-mail at thomasgwheeler@gmail.com with a list of your set up (parallel with watts or panhard, or triangulated, some LCA's, brackets, all that) and an estimate so I could have a solid budget in mind. Im thinking the actual purchase won't go down for 6 weeks or so though, I'd just like a good idea at what im getting into. Obviously I dont exactly want the cheapest ghettoist shit but not the nicest either, i just need to get by on the daily.
drpitlo   +1y
I wish i had pics from my setup but i did a triangulated 4 link on the red f150 kept the tank under the bed and ran a 8 inch notch but i was running a 265/35/22. It just depends on how much money you want to spend as to which way you set it up. If you decide to go parallel then run a watts with it also. The front I took circle plates and some 3 inch rectangle tubing and I think a 3 inch wide bushing and made my lower bag mounts and then just a upper plate and cut down to what i needed to fit in the strut mount and welded it up.
Page 1 of 1