threads
Page 2 of 2
Tools \  anyone ever buy a welder online?

anyone ever buy a welder online?

Tools Q & A
views 3805
replies 19
following 13

toreadorxlt   +1y
a good relationship will your local welding store will likely save you the money you will spend now....
low_blazer   +1y
I've had great luck with Indian Oxygen (weldingsuppliesatioc on ebay). I've bought 3 welders and a plasma cutter from them and no issues.

For what it's worth though, if i ever need any more equipment, I'll proably be going to my local Praxair shop. They've been really helpful with any issues I've had, even warranty issues with a product I didn't purchase from them, and have thrown me some pretty good pricing.
unusualfabrication   +1y
My local Praxair treats me very good as well!
low_blazer   +1y
It's nice having a reputable Miller rep to deal with too :)
slow50   +1y
well i just drop by the local shop and turns out he will sell it for a few bucks less then cyberweld and there in stock. and i didnt even ask to price match.
low_blazer   +1y
See...there ya go. You got a good deal, and you're helping support a local business... win/win :D
unusualfabrication   +1y
Awesome, good to hear man!
maztang (ryan)   +1y
That is good to hear. My local business tries to screw me on anything and everything. I did however find a badass place in Austin that I will be hitting up very regularly now, it's an hour drive 1 way but these guys are worth it. They carry all my metal and supplies I need!
Congrats on your purchase boss, a good welder is something you will have and use forever!
dkadventures   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Maztang said:

That is good to hear. My local business tries to screw me on anything and everything. I did however find a badass place in Austin that I will be hitting up very regularly now, it's an hour drive 1 way but these guys are worth it. They carry all my metal and supplies I need! Congrats on your purchase boss, a good welder is something you will have and use forever!

What is the name of the place in Austin? I am looking to buy a welder soon and wouldn't mind helping out a local establishment.
maztang (ryan)   +1y

dkadventures said:

Maztang said:

That is good to hear. My local business tries to screw me on anything and everything. I did however find a badass place in Austin that I will be hitting up very regularly now, it's an hour drive 1 way but these guys are worth it. They carry all my metal and supplies I need! Congrats on your purchase boss, a good welder is something you will have and use forever!

What is the name of the place in Austin? I am looking to buy a welder soon and wouldn't mind helping out a local establishment.

I am guessing you are the one that emailed me the other day about this but if not here ya go...

http://www.metals4u.com/