threads
Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  why doesnt anyone make a set for i beam rangers?

why doesnt anyone make a set for i beam rangers?

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 355
replies 3
following 3

automatik23   +1y
Why doesnt anyone make a set of drop spindles(knuckles) for i beam rangers, maybe even one a little offset to help with the camber? Just curious if someone can shed a little light I'd appreciate it.
gonz   +1y
because ibeams suck donkey balls, and putting r&d into creating a set of spindles for something so retarded would be like wiping your ass before you poo. drop ibeams relieve camber from lowering. and were lucky they made those. the whole ibeam front suspension is so far behind the curve its rediculous. i cant believe ford kept them for so long. i mean the technology came out like 60 years ago. so to answer your question i highly doubt any manufacturer would be willing to dump an assload of cash into producing a part thats 60 years in the past and there is a tiny market for. just not a good investment.
92zuzuman   +1y
Actually there is one really big company that used to make a kit for rangers: Toyota. any junkyard with a 2wd yota pickup sitting around should be able to get you a price on the whole setup.

98 and up rangers use control arms but they suck waaaay worse than the I-beams do to lay out.
gonz   +1y
--------------------------------------------

92zu said:

Actually there is one really big company that used to make a kit for rangers: Toyota. any junkyard with a 2wd yota pickup sitting around should be able to get you a price on the whole setup.

98 and up rangers use control arms but they suck waaaay worse than the I-beams do to lay out.

--------------------------------------------

please sell me some of whatever your smoking. i really need about 400 dollars worth of that shit.

98+ control arm rangers are 10000% better and easier to lay out than any i beam truck ever created. i clipped my 88 with a 2002 ranger narrowed 4 inches and laying body on 20s and bags. you could never do this with beams. the arc of the beams would cause so much negative camber laid out and so much positive camber lifting that the wheels would hit the fenders just trying to pick the truck straight up high enough to turn the wheels. the only downfall to a control arm ranger is the extreme ball joint angle on the upper arm. this can be relieved by raising the uppers a little but you can run into bumpsteer. easiest thing to do is have some jeebus joint arms made and your done. with a yota clip you still have to buy the cando arms to get enough lift to turn. those are about 600 clams and you have to sit on a waiting list to get some.

this wouldnt even be feasable with beams. the concept is 60 years old. any a-arm setup is so much more advanced its not even funny.
post photo
post photo
post photo
Page 1 of 1