Page 1 of 1
South East \  Help in Kentucky

Help in Kentucky

South East Regional
views 454
replies 6
following 6

tintman9   +1y
I am ready to bag my 2wd 4 door Tahoe and need some guidance. It seems that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site so any help would be great. I have a lot of bodywork experience but little to no fab experience, and I don't have 100 bucks an hour to give for a shop to do the work for me just to find they took advantage of my lack of knowledge, plus I don't want to just write a check I want to work on my truck. That being said I am also scared of ending up with a hack job like you here about in some of these posts, when the truck gets cut up and is junk. so if anyone that has cut on their truck with the same fears that I am having and can lend some advice I would appreciate it very much, thank
dmkustoms   +1y
Its hard to explain how to do fabrication... I guess the best way to start would be to look around at pictures of builds from reputable shops and people. Look for things you like and dont like. Also, look at how they set up the frames and suspensions. For you, concentrate on SUV-type builds, looking for specific ways that they difffer from a regular truck. Ask specific questions for clarification, its easier to answer a lot of specific questions than one very general one.
Do you have a welder? Do you know how to use it on heavier steel? If not, get somebody who does to help you or teach you. Your suspension is your direct connection to the road, you want to make sure its a good strong one.
Another option is to loook for somebody who needs bodywork done, and swap work. If you lived closer to me, Id go that route. I suck at bodywork!

Hope this helps you get started on your way!
tukn18saccord   +1y
what part of ky you in im in richmond
tintman9   +1y
I live a little south of Louisville
Nyterydrtuckn26s   +1y
I know a bunch of shops in KY that will take good care of ya on the install if you want to talk to them.They wont give u a hack job have had many vehicles in car magazines take pride in there work. First id figure out what i want out of my ride tho like what size wheels am i gettin, how much i want it to be bagged, what kind of equipment do i want to run on my setup. then id search different company to see if they have a kit for your truck that would help you out alot on fab work if u decide to do it your self,
cshaak   +1y
Derek!!!!!!!!!!!

tintman9 I'm in louisville. What do you want to know or need help with? I will do what I can to help you, or point you in the right direction.
Nyterydrtuckn26s   +1y
what up calvin long time no see brotha .
Page 1 of 1