threads
Page 1 of 2
Tools \  Tubing Roller , instead of Bender....

Tubing Roller , instead of Bender....

Tools Q & A
views 2104
replies 17
following 11

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I go to a lot of local auctions for businesses closing down or down sizing, and im going to one on monday that has a tubing roller, its alot like the one sold at baleigh ind, full power unit with a hand held remote.

Does anyone ever use a roller? ive never thought of the need for one, but so far it has had nobody show any interest in it yet at the auction, and i think i can get it on the cheep.

Just curious as to if anyone has any experience with them at all. How repeatable is it? Can i make the same bend over and over again...?

does it have some wall thickness capabilities? I was told by the guy at the shop it can roll 2" solid, but i dont know if i believe it...

Any input?

Taylor
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
The roller im looking at , looks exactly like this one here:

post photo
xgolferdude   +1y
ask kyle at guilty by design.. I think he has one if i remember right..
teckn9ne   +1y
The way I've always figured if you want multiple pieces of rolled tube you would roll it out of one full stick of material, that way the radius is the same just take it out and cut out how many you need? I Really want one as well but nothing as nice as what your looking at, just a cheapie harbor freight.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I've done some roll bending and i'm building my own roll bender. They are pretty consistant and should have some type of indicator on the control to know where you are at. The shaft diameter will tell you alot about what the machine will do. If you can measure that it should be atleast 55mm and up to roll 2" solid round consistantly. To me its more of an art than anything else. Not many people come rolling in looking for long sweeping bends, lol! Not really sure if i'd spend money on it if I didn't need it but thats up to you!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Well, the auction company said that there has been literally no interest in it the whole week anyone was there to check the inventory out. I had been the only guy that had even looked or asked about it at all.

I threw a 250$ bit on it, and he expectes me to take it home.

The diameter of the shafts on it are larger than 55mm, im pretty sure they were 63mm

the only wording on it that i can find is on the back, it was made in 1989 in Canada.

I powdered it up, and it works perfect, and allready has a few programs loaded into it.

Ill let you know how it goes.

Taylor
dropitforme   +1y
For $250!? Grab it i use one similar at work ours is very consistant and can do all a bender can do and more. I use the roller to make recesses in the frame for my front bags using 1/8 in X 6in flat bar. I am also using it to bend my rear upper 4 link bars so the bends match exactly. $250 is a steal!
guiltybydesign   +1y
We had a bigass Baleigh roller when i worked ornamental iron and it kicked 10 kinds of ass. The only problem is keeping the tube from rolling while its fed through and creating a spiral instead of an arc. it was pretty dam consistant too. The only thing i would say i didnt like about yours is that its a vertical model, youll have a hell of a time trying to hold a piece of tubing over your head when it comes out of the die. See if you can lay it down tho.

Now i have a HF roller and it still works for what i need it for, but i cant wait to make it power. After about 15mins of rolling 1 1/2'' .125 wall your done.
1lonisn   +1y
I always thought a roller would be great for making inner fenders/wheel tubs. Build the base out of 1" round then use sheet over it.
unusualfabrication   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Chopped Mazda said:

Well, the auction company said that there has been literally no interest in it the whole week anyone was there to check the inventory out. I had been the only guy that had even looked or asked about it at all.

I threw a 250$ bit on it, and he expectes me to take it home.

The diameter of the shafts on it are larger than 55mm, im pretty sure they were 63mm

the only wording on it that i can find is on the back, it was made in 1989 in Canada.

I powdered it up, and it works perfect, and allready has a few programs loaded into it.

Ill let you know how it goes.

Taylor

--------------------------------------------

You should go right to jail for such a steal!!!!!! Nice score if you get it man.