Page 1 of 2
Ford Trucks \  baggin an 01 f150 up front with drop spindles

baggin an 01 f150 up front with drop spindles

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 1253
replies 10
following 10

1HiZ   +1y
im gathering info on bagging my 2001 f150 up front using drop spindles.... any and all info would be great and pics of what you have done would be greatly appreciated
tre5   +1y
If you can wait a little while AirBagit.com is working on a new front suspension to lay a 31" tall tire. They are also doing a 6 link rear setup. My truck was supposed to be down there a while ago for them to use, but I am still waiting on wheels.
jimmy726   +1y
people need to step up and make a kit for the 04 and up fords i love my body style and would defiantly go for a bolt up kit
layingnutz   +1y
Edited: 12/22/2010 10:59:14 PM by LAYINGNUTZ

man save yourself a lot of headache.. DO NOT USE THE BELLTECH DROP SPINDLES. i used them on mine and it was nothing but trouble. the problem with the belltech spindle is it makes you flip the tie rod from stock. when you do this, as the truck lays out it throws your toe so far out the front of your wheels hit the fender. the only way to get them to not do this is flip the tie rod back around. this works fine for clearance but you get crazy bump steer. its not fun. i did that on mine and when you hit bumps in the road the truck would about run off the road. so i put the stocks back on and it rides ten times better. im runnin a 285/35/22 and it lays flat. you dont need drop spindles. also stay away from using a 2500lb bag if you plan on bodydroppin it cuz it will never clear the wheels. if you'd like some pics of how i did mine pm or email me jjtorch@aol.com and ill help ya best i can.
thacru78   +1y
Do a little searching man...Brian from KEG and several other people have discussed in details how to lay these trucks out. Good luck man...i've done one on 22's and will be starting one on 26's in a few weeks.
1HiZ   +1y
yeah me an brian have talk the past few days on facebook about everything and he was sayin i should be fine using my drop spindles i just wouldn't raise my uppers, flip lower joints or rod ends. But would still have to modify my lower control arm and ditch the spring purch if i dont want to use cups. i was jus lookin 4 some pics and all haha.....LAYINGNUTS did you cut the 1/2 inch off your rod ends? also what causes bump steer and what will correct this... also thanks 4 the input so far
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I make a kit for the front of these trucks as well. it uses stock spindles. Narrows the track width enough to drive comfortable, and come with a steering kit as well.

bagtodrag   +1y
Taylor, did you ever get any pics of that kit you built? Been wanting to see it bro!

All in all I wouldn't use the drop spindles. I didn't want to throw out a suggestion about using them since I have never dealt with them when it comes to airride and just heard headache stories when using them. If I was you I'd sell those drop spindles and scoop up a pair of stocks. Doing the quote on quote "spindle flip" method works great. Raise uppers 2", swap upper arms left to right right to left, flip tie rod ends and cut off 1/2" off the inner and outer threaded ends, flip lower balljoint replace will full-size Chevy or Chrysler Cordoba, modify lower control arm to accommodate the airbag and to clear the frame rail, remove spring purch and do a plate and gusset, you can also notch in the frame some to fit a bigger bag.
This method is flawless and works. I've driven on that method for 3 years DAILY and have put alot of miles on it with ZERO problems.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
HAHA, picures. Some day i will be able to update that thread of mine with about 7 different new kits that ive produced, but it takes forever to pull them from my camera, upload them, clean them up, water mark them, and post them.

I plan to sit down over the new years weekend and update A LOT of stuff. hopefully this being one of them. Hell, i still havent even added half of the items I sell to my online store.

Im not talking shit, or questioning anyones decisions here, but do you guys really flip the uppers arms from side to side and run them upside down?

Taylor
bagtodrag   +1y
Ok Taylor I wont hold my breath then, bahahaha. Can't wiat to see some new stuff!!!

No not flipping the upper arms upside down, just swapping the left to the right side and the right to the left side. Helps move the tire forward just enough when laying frame on 22s just just tap the firewall a few times with a mallet. I;ve never heard of anyone actually flipping the uppers upside down, couldn't imagine what kind of crazyness that would produce.