Page 1 of 1
Interior \  Old truck - what seats?

Old truck - what seats?

Interior Q & A
views 793
replies 7
following 6

sfertig   +1y
I am looking for just the right seats to put in my '58 GMC but not sure what will look good. I tried searching for interior photos but often it isnt noted what kind of seats are installed. I currently have '86 Dodge Lancer seats installed (because I had them laying around).

Does anyone have pics of simple, clean interiors of old trucks (best if they are GMC or Chevy) and what kind of seats are in there. I was thinking maybe corvette or camaro but not sure the seat shape would feel right.

Just looking for ideas. if anyone has some let me know. Would prefer something with low-backs or with removable headrests so not to be above the back window.

I am at a loss and would love input - Thanks!
dmkustoms   +1y
Have you considered a bench seat? It goes more with the classic theme of an older truck, and they are easy to find. Just measure the width of the cab between the doors, and find a seat thats a couple inces narrower. Most bench seats have removeable headrests, and if the seat is too tall, the bases are pretty easy to modify.
sfertig   +1y
Thanks Henry for the suggestion. I thought about that a little but I think I am leaning towards a little mix of classic and modern so that is why I am trying to find buckets.

Another reason for wanting buckets is that this was my dad's truck and he always talked about bucket seats. He passed away in february this year. We worked on this truck together and after his death I took it over and have been trying to finish the truck in his honor. The bed will be going in for paint soon to match the cab. I am hoping to be able to drive it this spring/summer.

It will eventually get air suspension - but for now I just want to get it on road and drive the heck out of it. Many plans for the future, including the interior and seats so need to start getting the game plan down now. Thanks again for your input - it is much appreciated!

Side note: Good luck on your NA Tour. Sounds like it could be fun. I see your in Ontario...anywhere near Nestor Falls? My family vacationed near there for many, many years.
64caddy   +1y
have u checked out some 88-94 chevy pickup buckets. they have a nice wide profile and if the backs are too tall u can always have them cut and recovered. i have a 92 suburban and i love the seats
sfertig   +1y
I havent sat in those unless they are like the tahoe my mom had. It was a 99 (old body style) tahoe with captain chairs. they were comfortable.

Thanks for suggestion!
dimentd   +1y
hey shane, i found a set of oem buckets from a 68 panel/carry all. they are nice shape for width and the backs are low cut style. the only thing tho, since gm used em in a carry all panel (68 suburban) the dont have a hinge, so they wont tilt foward. the entire seat frame was designed similar to the k5 blazer passenger seat. but just design a new seat frame and there ya go.
still_2_hi   +1y
Nestor falls is over a 20 hour drive for us. Ontario is a huge province.
Page 1 of 1