Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  Fitting motor under hood without cutting hood on ranger

Fitting motor under hood without cutting hood on ranger

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 268
replies 4
following 4

complexdesigns   +1y
We are having a hard time coming up with a way to fit a 2.5 4 cylinder under the hood without cutting it. anyone have any experience I know there are several out there that have done it without cutting so whats the deal?
SunsetRanger   +1y
Put a toyota front end on it or you are going to fin out another way of lowering the motor without it. With the toyota front we were able to get my oil pan on the 2.3 almost a inch or so off the ground when layed out. We still had to cut the hood but only the very back of the hood (underneath and on the inside) had to be cut to clear and it isn't noticeable with the hood closed.
Uncle Fester   +1y
I am with Will, depending on the suspension. It will also depend how low you go. I have a 5.0 in mine with a 2.5" cowl and its doored so much is possible depending on amount of effort. Good luck.
low99maz   +1y
Just lower the motor,u have to redo exhaust but u should b able to clear the hood. Did u finally Bd the truck?
complexdesigns   +1y
Possibly. Even if it is lowered there looks to be only about 3/4 of an inch to go which I dont think will clear the hood.
Page 1 of 1