Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  fuel filler neck

fuel filler neck

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 319
replies 2
following 3

draggin91   +1y
on my 98 f150 my filler neck isnt long enough anymore since the raised bed floor. i was wondering how i could make it longer. it needs like 3-4 inches max.
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
option #1. take the 2" or 3"fuel hose (that you do have, usually off the tank that connects the neck) to napa and match. just buy like 8" and 2 hose clamps. cut the filler neck in half and use the new hose/clamps to fill the gap.

option #2. get a lenth of steel tube that matches the diameter of the stock neck. cut the short neck in 2, weld in a new piece the same diameter you are short.

option #3. make a new neck out of the white pvc pipe along with 45/90 degree elbows, etc (home depot/lowes, etc) and use that as a template starting at the fuel tank opening and ending at the new filler caps home. now take that template to almost any muffler shop and they can bend out a pipe that will match from the tank opening to filler cap opening.
jspotmcd   +1y
Those are some great options McNasty! Thanks a lot, I'm actually getting ready to mod my fuel filler neck, and this is just the advice i needed!
Page 1 of 1