threads
Page 1 of 2
South East \  North Carolina guys, need help with my car...one word: Inspection woes

North Carolina guys, need help with my car...one word: Inspection woes

South East Regional
views 682
replies 14
following 13

SubCulture S10   +1y
Drop me a PM if you have any help with state inspections or if anyone has any ideas...I've been fine for the last 2 yrs but now im in need of help

My car's SES light is on and its going to cost way more to fix the stupid problem then its worth...Doesnt bother the car or performence, just throws the light.

So i got 2 months to figure it out....any ideas....my county is Rowan
tuckinlugs06   +1y
if you need to pass then just reset the comp but it will come back on after a while or just remove the bulb
Lucky   +1y
Find a crooked MVD employee. And pay them to pass you in the computer system
simple-pleasurez   +1y
if its like california removing the light wont do anything. its stored in the computer so even though the light isnt on it will not pass.
bagged4doorcivic   +1y
what code it is throwing?
sicsan   +1y
i dont think the crooked ones can throw it anymore cause its all on computer now

before i moved to south carolina were theres no inspections i got P.O. BOX for like 5 bucks a month and switchd my tags to south carolina which is alot cheaper than north carolina......
cookiemonster13   +1y
yeah guys it doesnt work like that in NC. it doesnt matter if the check engine light is on or not. it is all in the computer. they can be as crooked as you want but no matter with the light on or the computer out of wack. red dog i sent you a PM of an idea and a shop to try.
bodydropped720   +1y
TWO WORDS: TRANSPORTER TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to the DMV website. Get a form for a transporter tag. It's 14 bucks a year and you do not have to get your truck inspected. You can order multiple tags at once, just make sure you have insurance on your ride. The form has multiple check boxes at the bottom, you have to check the box for which you are using the tag for. I checked "to transport a motor vehicle to & from a parade or event" When you get your tag the registration will be blank, as you can move the tag from one vehicle to another as long as you have insurance. If you turn your tags in, and just run the transporter tag, there will be no record of your truck in the "system" so you can avoid the inspection process.
SubCulture S10   +1y
Edited: 11/25/2010 2:15:34 PM by SubCulture S10

guys, good comments....ive been using the transporter tag thing for 2 yrs...and the state has started cracken down on the loop holes...basically if your not a dealer with a dealers # you only qualify for 25 yrs old or older with the parade/town thing...and my car is no way 25 yrs old...and if you get puled and they run that info and its on a 2000 model ride? it wont be pretty for sure

And far as the codes, its vacuum leaks from the turbo being on the car...ive fixed all but 3 and they ar eso far down in the engine and under the manifold that it will be extensive labor to fix...so since it doesnt bother the cars performence i let it go

ive had it for trade for so long looking for a truck again, i wish i could just get rid of it because i truely need something bigger...
NCdragger   +1y
i feel your ain man. I had to get a 95 cab for my 01 tacoma jus to bypass emissions. It all worked out Im jus gonna swap the front clip and the cab. Sucks but I wanna drive my damn truck. Stupid laws!