Page 1 of 1
Interior \  painting my floor

painting my floor

Interior Q & A
views 753
replies 7
following 5

Rob Clayhill   +1y
i stripped the factory sound deadening from the floor of my car and sanded off the tarish residue that was left and now im getting ready to lay down a fresh coat of primer and paint before laying down a bunch of after market deadener but just checkin to see if you guys have tried anything different than paint with good results?
bukfidy   +1y
I have seen people do bedliner, and then lay dynamat or whatever sound deadening you choose to use on top of it.
Inked84   +1y
we use a rustoleum professional urethane that bonds great to metal and is super strong. we use the satin finish and works great in any interior because you can brush it on and it will flow out nice and smooth without having to mask off the exterior of the vehicle. then you can put ur dynamat on top of it and never have to worry about rust under it.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Inked, where can i find this stuff? id deffinately like to go the brushed route instead of taping everything off from over spray.
low99maz   +1y
you can get cans of rustoleum at lowes or home depot that you can brush/roll on. I like to use it on utility trailers and such!
Rob Clayhill   +1y
thats all i need to know. thanks guys
sparage   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Inked84 said:

we use a rustoleum professional urethane that bonds great to metal and is super strong. we use the satin finish and works great in any interior because you can brush it on and it will flow out nice and smooth without having to mask off the exterior of the vehicle. then you can put ur dynamat on top of it and never have to worry about rust under it.

--------------------------------------------

Have a picture of the can? There are so many differnt kinds and i'm about to do this to my cab also.
Inked84   +1y
its a gray label on the can and it says professional in big letters. after rereading my post i realized i said urethane but its definitely an enamel but it comes in several colors we just use the black so we can keep it in bulk. we get it from our local jobber but im sure lowes or someplace like that has it. the official name, i just googled it, is rustoleum professional high performance protective enamel. a tip if u do wanna spray it is thin it out with some acetone, not lacquer thinner, b/c the acetone will evaporate more quickly and speed up the drying time. if you were going to brush it on id heat the area up with a heat gun a lil that will help with adhesion and flowout. and dont let it dry on your skin if youll be wearing it for a couple of days minimum.
Page 1 of 1