threads
Page 1 of 2
Ford Trucks \  98+ Ranger fliped tie rods?

98+ Ranger fliped tie rods?

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 3282
replies 11
following 8

sparkranger   +1y
Curious if they make a tie rod flip kit (sleeve) for the Rangersor if I'd be better off running Heim joints to replace the tie rods.

Mine just recently snapped (Mounted in stock location) and needto get it fixed.

If heim's are the only way to go, what should I look into?

Please/Thanks folks.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I make a dropped heim joint steering kit for the ranger trucks. It bassicly threads onto your tie rod end, and converts it to a heim joint, and spaces it off the bottom side of the steering arm. I include a tapered sleve that you tap into your spindle and it converts the tapered steering hole into a straight one.

Taylor
sparkranger   +1y
Link/pics?

I looked around your site but didn't see anything for the Fords.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I try to keep updated on my site, but its hard to do it all yourself and still work on parts all day.

Ill try to get some pics of it up for ya.

Taylor
sparkranger   +1y
Not a problem.
Im always on AIM as well if thats a bit easier for you.

Whats the pricing on this beast?
scottxr400   +1y
i might be intrested in these to whats the price
slammedxonair   +1y
Moving the tie rod on under the steering nub is most likely going to cause bumpsteer issues
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
on the ranger i have here, it dosent cause any. Its mounted .250" below the steering arm, keeps it out of a binding situation and puts it closer to being on the same plane as the lower control arm. If anything its an improvment from the stock mounting location.

Working on pics and prices, its not really a complete kit yet that im wanting to sell, but when its ready ill post info.

taylor
sparkranger   +1y
A few of my past vehicles have had the tie rods flipped
and I've never had issues. If anything, it helps prevent
bump steer.

Just keep us posted on it Taylor.
builtbybyc   +1y
I did one where the spindle is taper drilled from the bottom. It did have bumpsteer. Probably because the tie rod end is so far down. The heim close to the spindle is probably the best way to go on this.