threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  86 nissan front suspension hangup..

86 nissan front suspension hangup..

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 828
replies 4
following 4

Roadkill1260   +1y
i am in the middle of bagging my 86 hardbody. i have 16'' wheels with a 225/55/ tire.the overall tire dia is 25.75''. 2'' spindles and iam about to swap uca's. here is my question. when i jack up the front suspension, it seems to max-out and start jacking the whole truck up. i cant tell if this is caused by the upper ball joint binding or the lower control arm contacting the engine crossmember. have you seen/heard expericed anyone trimming the lower control arm to extend its upward travel another inch or two. or will flipping swapping the uca give me the extra room i need. i have a post in nissan trucks too but figured i have better odds on a faster response in here. thanks
Rob Clayhill   +1y
i dont know about nissans yet, i plan on bagging mine eventually but i have helped my friend bag his mazda and we cut his lower control arms to clear the crossmember in order to lay out.

Go to http://www.infamousnissan.com and you will find everything you need to know about bagging your truck.
Roadkill1260   +1y
went home last night and made some room on the lower control arm. it got me to sit where i needed. thanks for the site sourcing. ??? will flipping and swapping my uppers reduce some of the camber?
xgolferdude   +1y
no... that wont do anything for camber.. all it does is help with the upper ball joint binding.. how ever you do lose a little lift when doing so...
KickAZZkustomz   +1y
if you remount the upper control arm on top of the frame instead of the factory mount on the side. you will take care of the camber problem and be able to run 20"s without makin new upper arms.
Page 1 of 1