threads
Page 2 of 3
Photography \  Pistons, Pin-ups, and Pitbulls 2011 Calendar for a great cause!!

Pistons, Pin-ups, and Pitbulls 2011 Calendar for a great cause!!

Photography Q & A
views 2083
replies 22
following 15

SIKaltima   +1y
They are beautiful!
gonz   +1y
thanks bro! so are the pics! keep up the good work!
lovethepitbulls   +1y
Edited: 9/7/2010 4:07:16 PM by lovethepitbulls

Check out Pinups for Pitbulls calendar (since 2006) at http://www.pinupsforpitbulls.com

We were also featured on Pit Boss! Check it out:)

SIKaltima   +1y
Edited: 9/7/2010 7:39:38 PM by DerangedRides

I love the dogs of the month you guys have! some beautiful dogs ofcourse!

This is from my girlfriend in response to an above post:

"To address the post about Little Darling
lovethepitbulls   +1y
Hi Winter & the Street Source Forum,

Your "help" link took me to the Street Source FAQ page.

Where do you post how these funds are helping local rescue? I don't see a site or any information that these funds actually get to dogs? It would help your cause tremendously to be transparent.

It is unfortunate, but you are violating our copyright and trademark by using our font and a name so similar to ours. I don't want to battle dog advocates, its not what I set out to do, but you're creating confusion by using our font and our format. We love bully breeds, we love our Southern advocates, and we love to work together with other groups. However, we cannot support such distinct use of our trademarked and copyrighted materials. Additionally, using choke chains on puppies in an image further damages the view of these misunderstood dogs. We strongly advocate for positive reinforcement methods to help separate these dogs from the "tough" guy image. Food for thought.

I'd recommend changing your font so that its not confusing/so similar to ours and changing the name "Pistons, Pinups and Pitbulls." Its confusing. "Hot Rod Pinups and Bully Breeds" or something more specific to your calendar (and less like our name) would make sense.

Please note, we also provide grant funding and sponsorships to shelter dogs Nationally & Internationally so if there's a group you're setting out to help, consider a collaborative effort/becoming a PFPB Chapter, so we could use our national appeal to help dogs in your area.

Thank you for your support and for understanding where we're coming from. I truly only want to the best for our beloved four-legged friends. I personally volunteered at Lamar Dixon post-Katrina to help get them off the streets. I understand the need, especially where you are located
SIKaltima   +1y
Edited: 9/8/2010 1:54:29 PM by DerangedRides

From Winter:

"Little Darling,

Surely we never set out to take away from any other calendar, all of which we support. There are plenty of other calendars who boast the same general concept and help the same group of dogs. People who know The Pit Krewe know that any donations we receive are turned around to bully rescues, shelters or spay/neuter/microchip programs who express need. While bigger groups, such as yourself help out numerous groups that are nationwide and some smaller groups- we try to aid groups that are smaller and more local to places where issues are prevalent. It all helps the same great breed. That is outlined in our Facebook, MySpace page and within the calendar. The font used on our front page of the calendar is a publicly licensed font that alot of designers use regularly, and the cursive on the inside as well. These fonts are not the ones used in your calendar, which I have sitting next to me. Our designer was not aware of your calendar when she designed ours so there's no chance she was influenced on her design. No one to date has gotten our calendar confused with your calendar. They're very different for two very different genres. No where in our calendar do we use forceable collars such as choke collars. The chain you are referring to for the young puppy is indeed used as a tag holding type collar. The puppy is on a halter when being walked. Implying that we would put our puppies or dogs in harms way is very hurtful.

Bottom line, is that we aren't trying to take away from any other calendar and the format of "pit bulls and pinups" being used together is very widespread. Numerous publications, calendars, flyers, events and art use that format and it always be used since it's such a great subject!

We'd rather not further handle such a matter on a public forum, as it will take away from the point of the thread in the first place. I can personally be contacted at pit.krewe@yahoo.com if there's things to be discussed further. I'm the only one who maintains that email address. I appreciate your concern, but rest assured that our two projects are distinctly set apart from each other, while both helping a cause near and dear to our hearts.

Winter "
SIKaltima   +1y
Just an update:

Hey everyone!

Just letting everyone know that The Pit Krewe's newest and biggest project, "Pistons, Pinups & Pit Bulls 2011" is finally available for purchase! It's been 10 months in the making and we are SO proud to finally be able to show off our hard work!

Please pass the information along to anyone you know who might be interested in grabbing one for a gift, the holidays or themselves!

Money raised from the sale of the calendars will benefit spay and neuter programs and bully breed rescue!

Below is information for ordering:

We accept cash, check or credit cards. Checks can be mailed in, but please send an email to pit.krewe@yahoo.com for the mailing address!

A link for online ordering:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=4ABSLBKKY9A3Y

Thanks for helping us spread the word! We will also be selling the calendars at a few local events, including upcoming Fleur de Tease Shows in NOLA, Voodoo Tattoo Expo in NOLA and Last Resort Car and Truck Show in Jennings, La!

Thanks everyone!!!!
dragbody77   +1y
ahhhhh gotta get one!!!
smctoy   +1y
so got to get one of these!!
SIKaltima   +1y
these things are going quicker than we expected! keep them coming guys and girls! this is for a great cause!!