Page 1 of 5
Ford Trucks \  bagging questions 97-03 f150

bagging questions 97-03 f150

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 5941
replies 42
following 16

DIRTY530   +1y
what bags should i use for my 98 f150 for the most travel in the front ?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
The last one i did a package for, i used a Slam RE-8 , it got a ton of travel up front as well.  I had made custom upper and lower arms for it as well, that had alot to do with the travel amount!  Taylor
DIRTY530   +1y
would you be able to duplicate those control arms? and what would you charge?  also i have a SD four link and im thinking about bag on bar would i be able to use the same bag?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
yea, on that truck you could use the same bag no problem. I made that customer a lever 4link , similar to the SD one and it worked great.  Shoot me an email to info@michiganmetalworks.com and ill get you pricing on those arms.  I believe i kept the jig arms, so i could whip you a set no problem.  Taylor
Layumon22s   +1y
hey taylor, what size rim/tire did you lay it out on? did you use the drop spindles at all? raise the upper arms? have any pics of the front setup? thanks
tre5   +1y

I would be interested in some pics as well.
gonz   +1y

check out the airlift dominator 2600's. they have insane amounts of useable stroke. youll need an assload of clearance in the front for a bag this size tho. as well as the re8's. also with just 2500# firestones up front my bodydropped 2000 f150 got plenty of lift. never needed any more to clear an obstacle or anything. i would reccomment atleast going with a 7 inch bag tho. like a 2600# or re7 for lower pressures and a better ride.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Edited: 8/18/2010 5:07:06 AM by Chopped Mazda

Im going to have to digg for pics of that setup.  It was a few years ago when i was working at a different shop.  I raised the uppers 2" from stock, and built custom uppers and lowers for it. Ill check my external hard drive and see if i can find a few pics.  I did find the jig drawings for the arm in my autocad library, so i could still produce them pretty easy. I dont remember off hand the exact tire size, but it was a 22.  I think it had a 285-35-22.  There was enough room to lay a larger wheel as well, we had set it up to do a 24.     Taylor
DIRTY530   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Chopped Mazdayea, on that truck you could use the same bag no problem. I made that customer a lever 4link , similar to the SD one and it worked great.  Shoot me an email to info@michiganmetalworks.com and ill get you pricing on those arms.  I believe i kept the jig arms, so i could whip you a set no problem.  Taylor --------------------------------------------- pm sent
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
did you send a pm or an email.... ?   Taylor