Tools \  Brass parts for fabrication/jigs

Brass parts for fabrication/jigs

Tools Q & A
views 2484
replies 19
following 15

pimptruckman92   +1y
I dont remember where but...

I saw that someone had machined brass into 4link bushing shaped pieces, to use while welding the 4link bars and control arms while in a jig. it acted as a heat sink and to use while the parts were in place on the project and doin other welding. I keep trying to think of the website and ive googled a lot already. it was a minitcuk shop i keep wanting to say it was like guilty by desgin or something along those lines. (guilty by design doesnt have projects or that specific product on their site just the name is similar to who I CAN NOT think of)

Anybody have an idea to what shop in the minitruck market builds vehicle and this tool for fabricating?
another thing i do remember that they did either lazer or waterjet cutting work too....
nissandoordragger   +1y

ive got some alluminum ones from guilty by design cost 50 bucks and worth every penny
slow50   +1y

ballistic sells alluminum ones too.
teckn9ne   +1y
Edited: 7/18/2010 11:21:49 PM by teckn9ne

Guilty By DesignAluminum mock up four link bushings, theyre awesome!http://www.guiltybydesign.net/?category=Tools
STATUSPITS   +1y

if those ^^^^ dont work for you any machine shop should be able to make you some fairly easily
guiltybydesign   +1y

If the bushings i offer arent the correct size let me know, my landlord has a machine shop right through my back door.
lyinlow   +1y
if your stuck to i can make any size mockup busing you need as well
slow50   +1y
ballistic has them too.
sadisticiron   +1y
i build them as well. they work out great for jigging up parts and welding up 4-links. i build mine .005 wider on the bushing flange so when frames get powdercoated the fit just right. pretty sure guilty does the same
guiltybydesign   +1y
Aww you noticed bobby ;)

A customer that bought my bushings pointed out a fact i didnt even include when i made my product writeup, and thats that the bushings will carry the ground current through so you dont have to keep moving your ground clamp.