Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  s10 dually

s10 dually

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 5622
replies 13
following 7

bagit   +1y
does anyone have any idea how i can get the front set up off a dually unde a 91 s10 . Or how to do it.
BOYETT   +1y
Maybe use the front clip from an old toyota motorhome/camper?  Maybe you could use the rear axle without shortening a fullsize one.
IMLOWER   +1y

some  nice  fancy  adaptors  cuz youll need a giant spacer anyways  becouse of the way dually wheels mount
bagit   +1y

Ya but where could i get adaptors from..   And ill look into that camper idea.
AirbagitAaron   +1y
I did some work on an S-10 dually project a few years back. We build adapters so we made a custom adapter/spacer to mount the front and rear wheels. The truck is long gone now but if my memory serves me right the front spacers were about 3 1/2 - 4" thick
bagit   +1y

I dont have any way to make them i would like to buy them if i could or see if anyone could make them for me. Thats the only thing i need to figure out. Im getting ready ro start the body soon. Its going to be a 91 4 door extended cab s10 dually.

bagit   +1y

Hey do you guys think i could get the front clip off a 1975 chevy dually full size and make that work if i cut it and narrow it up a little. And then make a tube frame from there back.  Sorry for all the questions i have never taken a project this far.
get twisted   +1y
http://www.chromewheel.com/   they have 6 to 8 lug addapters so maby they would have 5 to 8 lug for the 1/2 ton swaps
BOYETT   +1y
I just looked at the yota campers/RVs and theyr 6 lug duallys.  Probably would be really hard to find rims...
IMLOWER   +1y

aim can make you the adaptors you need   or any machine shop local to you should be able to pull it off too