Page 2 of 2
South West \  historic emissions in az?

historic emissions in az?

South West Regional
views 1490
replies 16
following 8

Uncle Fester   +1y

Yes if you have collector insurance and the vehicle is over 15 years old no need for emissions. Here is an old article that discusses the law: AZ Collector Law 
ahab   +1y

Register your truck in yavapi county and there is no emissions.  That is how my toyota is done.  You can do it all online too.
suicidemazda   +1y
dont u have to have an address in a different county to register it tho?
ahab   +1y

You do but none of your paper work goes to that address.  I have friends that live up there so I just used there address.  Just make sure you keep you normal address as the mailing address.  They dont send anything to the other address.  You could honestly just use any random address if you had to.  You must know somone that lives in another county though.
suicidemazda   +1y

sorry for all the questions but to get collecters insurance does your truck have to be in a certian condition to get it ?  thanks again  
Uncle Fester   +1y

They didnt ask me many questions, it just had to be custom.  Better to have local tags then have out of county and get a ticket.  The tags are different.
ahab   +1y

What would be the differance getting a ticket with out of county tags.  Any time you get a ticket it goes for the county that your were in when you got the ticket.  If anyone asks you just tell them you have a summer home in prescott valley and that is where the vehicle stays for the most part.  Ive never done it like this before but I cant imagine it would be a problem.