Page 1 of 2
South West \  historic emissions in az?

historic emissions in az?

South West Regional
views 1482
replies 16
following 8

suicidemazda   +1y
ive been hearing that if you register your vehicle as a historic you do not have tho have it emissioned. it this true?
also how old does ypur vehicle have to be to be considered a historic?

thanks
dailydraggn   +1y
Vehicle must be on the list of classic cars filed with the Motor Vehicle Division by the Classic Car Club of America, www.classiccarclub.org. This list is updated every five years. May require a vehicle inspection.    http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/vehicle/mvdplate.asp#HistoricalSociety
Uncle Fester   +1y

There is a law that states if you have collector car insurance with mileage limits and your vehicle is over 15 years old you will pay a low flat rate for tags and no emissions.  I used this on the 1993 Toyota with no problems. 
dailydraggn   +1y
I heard in AZ there is a law against insurance companies making you stick to a mileage limit each year??    I am to young for classic car insurance and im with state farm and they said the car has to be tip top show condition before they would consider it. There for ill just sell the cadillac. 
BK2LIFE   +1y
if its 1966 and older there is no emissions in phoenix/surrounding areas.  but not all of az needs emissions, such as up higher north
laynwindows   +1y

we dont have emissions here in nebraska, but to have a car licensed as classic, it has to be atleast 30 years or older, and you have to have plates from that era, like they made plates from 1976-1980 so any plates from those years will work for my truck, pay a flat fee of 88.50 and those plates are good for the rest of my life, NEVER pay wheel tax or any of that shit ever again. but they say that you can only drive it for hobby purposes. and as far as insurance goes, it just has to be a certain year for that too, doesnt need to be in any type of condition... just has to be oldi only pay 40 dollars a year on it 
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y

what year is it required? san diego is 75 or newer.

suicidemazda   +1y

fester, what  insurance company did u use thanks a ton i reall apperciate the replys
Uncle Fester   +1y

I use Barrett Jackson for the customs.  Great coverage and love the customer service.
suicidemazda   +1y

so if i get collecter insurance i just take proof of it to the dmv and can get a plate and not have to do any emissions?