Page 1 of 1
American Cars \  Getting Ready To Notch The Frame On My 84 Regal

Getting Ready To Notch The Frame On My 84 Regal

American Cars General Discussions
views 1072
replies 6
following 4

Bagged84Regal   +1y
Looking for any info on doing this such as pinion angles, if I have to shorten or lengthen the trailing arms, & I wanna use the stock A-Arms too. The car is already bagged but feel the need to go lower now. It's sitting on 20's.
dragggn   +1y
How much lower are you goin got be able to go? 
Bagged84Regal   +1y

I need 5 1/2" til the frame hits the ground in the rear so I'm taking til it hits the ground.
tukn18saccord   +1y

its  is no different than a s10 if you have ever done one,, ive juiced 3 of these all the same,, even with bags
Bagged84Regal   +1y

Never bagged anything besides this Regal. Just wanted to know if I would have to lengthen or shorten the lower or upper trailing arms in the rear to keep the rear end in the same spot. Gonna do about a 6" notch & thats a big difference from where it's at right now.
cajuntaco   +1y

I'm not familiar with the regals but if the trailing arms are short it's going to pull the wheels forward alot.  If you are bag on axle (or close to axle) you can probably lengthen them to keep from sticking the driveshaft into the trans and keep the wheelbase looking right.   But if you are trying to set it up for a lot of lift you may have to lengthen the arms and move the forward mounts towards the front of the car to keep from pulling the driveshaft out of the trans.  You just want to keep wheelbase change to a minimum.
Bagged84Regal   +1y
Here's a couple pics
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Page 1 of 1