Page 1 of 2
Nissan Trucks \  bagged/bodied nissan driveline question

bagged/bodied nissan driveline question

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 770
replies 17
following 11

DEMON DAVE   +1y
laying body , four linked how much should driveline be shortened ? mine binds and pushes the trans forward when laid out
cookiemonster13   +1y

take the driveshaft out before you tear up the output shaft and then put the truck on jackstands, air out the rear suspension and measure from the mouting surface on the rearend for the ujoints to the back of the transmission if it is a 1 piece driveshaft. take the shaft and the measurement to a driveline shop and have them shorten and rebalance it.
nissandoordragger   +1y

ummm move your axle back its not in the right spot apparently you shouldnt have to shorten your drive shaft
Lucky   +1y

yah....you dont need to shorten the driveline....
DEMON DAVE   +1y

I SHOULD ADD IT IS A TWO PIECE DRIVELINE
Lucky   +1y

I have a 2 piece driveline also....You need to check where your rear differential is at ....It its probably not far enough back....
bodydropped720   +1y
like they said. you shouldnt have to shorten that. you got a pinion agle/4link set up issue. my 720 is bagged & bodied and when it lays out you can't even see any movement in the carrier bearing.
jimmy726   +1y

only time i have any type of driveline pushing in is when my shit lifts up like a donk in the rear
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

How long are your link bars?
DEMON DAVE   +1y

axel is centered in notch , also is centered in wheel well opening , two piece drive line .seems to be slightly too long BUT that would mean both parts of the drive line would have to be shortened the same.i think i need two inches removed total (rough guess) W T F ?????.**note i did not set up rear end / four link** again W T F ?????