Page 1 of 1
Interior \  Fiberglass or no?

Fiberglass or no?

Interior Q & A
views 924
replies 5
following 6

LayFrame   +1y
Im really confused as to what im trying to accomplish here..I dont know if I would need to lay fleece and fiberglass to get what im looking for..Or if this is something simple enough I could just sand and paint...Im basically trying to make a smooth S10 door panel with minimal curves and shapes

1- Im assuming once you stretch fleece over this and throw your fiberglass, kitty hair etc..Its no longer soft, it still concens me though. Just wondering what people do with it.

2- This carpeted area has to go..Does this whole piece just come off?..This is the door panel off my DD, Havnt made a trip to the junkyard yet to get something I wouldnt mind ripping up..

3- I hate this thing..I usually throw all my shit in my pockets in here and all the bugs that get trapped in your truck seem to end up right in here or the top of the dash..Id really like to actually cut the tray like part off and then get it down smooth with the rest of the panel. Dont know if id be better doing that, or just stretching the fleece over it and forgetting about it..

I really dont want to change the shape of the door panel for more speakers or anything like that...Should I just fiberglass the 1+2 areas and then just sand area 3 or would that just not work too well together?

AND LASTY, I didnt mark it on the pic, But im thinking of doing something with the armrest..my fatass forearm has never fit on there anyway...So im looking to basically delete it..

I guess what im asking is..Would I be better off just cutting up some fiberboard/ sheetmetal, keeping the componets I want and then just glassing/painting it?..Or would it be worth the time to use the stock door panel and strech the fleece and fiberglass...?

jdauer02   +1y
before you start this project I suggest checking out fiberglassforums.com there is a ton of info on all your fiberglassing needs, lots of pics and hows to's
gwee   +1y
Edited: 4/24/2010 11:14:35 AM by JNB

Edited: 4/24/2010 11:13:04 AM by JNBthe best thing is to glass over the whole panel... 
gwee   +1y

post photo
gwee   +1y

how you post pics
gwee   +1y
Edited: 4/24/2010 3:03:26 PM by JNB

Edited: 4/24/2010 3:02:07 PM by JNB  http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/XTRMEASURES/100_2094-1.jpg 
post photo
Page 1 of 1