Ask A Pro \  4 link setup question...

4 link setup question...

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 481
replies 3
following 2

draggindakota   +1y
Edited: 4/19/2010 11:27:31 AM by draggindakota

Ok i'm working with a set of 4 link bars that I got for free. They are non adjustable, 1.5" diameter bars. The long bars are 27-11/16"center to center, and the short bars are 25-11/16" c2c.  My question is: What is more important, having the effective length of the bars equal, or as much triangulation as possible?  If I set it up to have equal effective length it puts the bars at 22* from the center line of the truck. I can get up to 29* if the effective length is shortened by 1.75". Personally I would think more triangulation would be best, but I wanted to get some more opinions. Thanks. 
msturg   +1y
depends on how much lift you plan on getting.  If you want to get an extreme amount of lift and drive it that high then go for more equal length as this will give you less pinion angle change.  where as I would suggest going with more triangulation as that much difference in length shouldn't give you much pinion angle change especially if you only plan on using 8-10" of lift
draggindakota   +1y
I see what you mean. The plans are a body drop to the rockers on 22's with a decent tire (at least in the back lol). So as long as I can un tuck the tire to change it I'm fine with that. I don't plan on driving it locked up at all.
msturg   +1y
I would think that you should be fine with going with more angle then.  You could always run it through your design software and see how much pinion angle change you are going to have once you know how much lift you will need to untuck the wheels.
Page 1 of 1