Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  water trap(s)

water trap(s)

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 570
replies 6
following 5

goshawks00   +1y
 I've noticed on most vehicles that guys run their moisture trap(s) before the tank and after the compressor.... In our shop and most every shop I've seen the trap(s) are always ran as far away from the compressor(s) as possible , in our own shop it's 60 ft away... The reason is the condensate isn't formed until the air is cooled down. Thinking along that line wouldn't it be better to run the moisture trap(s) after the tank instead of before.... Seems like moisture in valves tend to be one of the bigger issues with guys rides... Just wondering as I'm mocking my ride up now and hoping to get it right long term!
Barry
Getbored Designs   +1y
best bet run a drain at the bottom of the tankno matter what you will have water in there
goshawks00   +1y

Yes I am assuming ( bad idea actually) that everyone is running a drain at the bottom of the tank ( and using it ).  I am more interested in the thinking about where their moisture trap(s) are and their reasoning behind that placement. Thanks Barry
simple-pleasurez   +1y
you are correct that air doesnt create the condensation until it cools. but vehicles dont have the 60' of line. I added my water trap to just catch as much as i could. I guess if you are that paranoid about water in valves you can run 4 traps. 1 before each corner.   but with my trap at the end of my leader hoses i have no problems with water or valves sticking at all.
lumpy   +1y
or move to a place like az where there is no moisture in the air 90% of the time......
goshawks00   +1y
Edited: 3/21/2010 4:26:09 PM by goshawks00

Actually with the Accu-air set-up I only need one moisture trap, not one for each corner.... btw it's not paranoia it's just common sense, and not the typical sheep following sheep that so many do...
blurtthejerk   +1y
I personally run them after the compressor. I've seen them done both ways and before and after the tank which seemed to work well. It's really up to customer preference. What it all comes down to is protecting your air components. Right? God Bless, Blurtthejerk aka Mario @ Mod.e.o's
Page 1 of 1