Ask A Pro \  Dog Bones on a Traditional Triangulated 4 link

Dog Bones on a Traditional Triangulated 4 link

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 444
replies 2
following 2

fxCUSTUMZ   +1y
Max, or anyone for that matter,

I have a project I am working on and am wanting to do a four link.  I want to mount my under bar parallel and under the frame to utilize the frame as an upper mount for my bag, which I am mounting on the lower bars.  the problem is getting that lower bar to mate up with the rear end.  I was pondering connecting the two with dog bones, but I dont know if I have ever seen that done before.  My dog bones are 5" center to center.  I have seen the reverse 5 link setups that KP does, with the dog bones, but  I am planning on a forward facing triangulated 4 link or a 2 link and wishbone setup.  Should I use the bones or just build a longer mount to the lower bars?  

I hope I explained this well enough to get my question across.  

Your help is appreciated.

Billy 
twisteddragger   +1y

I am not Max, but no it will not work. The axle would roll forward when you accelerated, backward when you braked, and would probably pull your driveshaft out. Not to mention you would have a 45 degree pinion angle change with acceleration or braking.
fxCUSTUMZ   +1y
Thats kinda what I was thinking.....but my brain is not working right today.....Thanks!
Page 1 of 1